38 inches, 31 lbs., 20 teeth! (A & J still trying to finish erupting, but I can see them!)
NEW TRICKS:
- Likes to take big boy showers with Dad!
- Jumps off the fireplace
Likes avacados.
FAVORITE BOOKS:
His "Cars" books
FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
- Watching movies as much as we'll let him (which, thanks to Harper, is a lot more than normal!)
DAILY ROUTINE:
Up between 7 and 7:30. Goes to his new Montessori preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30-12:30. Nap at 1, to bed by 8.
FAVORITE SONGS:
Oh Happy Day--He sings and claps in the backseat when we listen to this song in the car!
DISLIKES:
Somedays, he dislikes everything. Between the arrival of his new baby sister this month and just being 2 1/2 years old, he has definitely begun to test the waters as far as figuring out "who's the boss," and we are working very hard on not talking back, obeying the first time we ask, etc.
MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
- He loves taking a toy to bed with him (always a train or a car). It's cute to watch him on the monitor talking to his toy as he falls asleep, and it keeps him occupied in the morning when he wakes up until I go in to get him!
- We sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star together when I'm tucking him in.
- Brax was telling me who Thomas' best friend was. I asked him who his best friend was, and he said, "Mommy! YOU are my best friend!"
- One day at naptime we looked on the monitor to find him STANDING on his nightstand trying to turn his light on.
- When I took Harper with us to his preschool to drop him off, he was so excited to introduce her to his "friends." He ran in and hollered, "LOOK AT MY BABY SISTER!!!" When one boy got a little too close, Brax warned him, "Get back. She is mine."
BRAXISMS:
- We make him put away one toy as he gets another out. One day, he wanted to get out his Legos but his cars were all over the floor. When I told him to put the cars away first, he explained to me that he would just push the cars to the side in a pile so they wouldn't get mixed up with the trains. He did his best to present his case for why he shouldn't have to actually put the cars away. We have a master negotiator on our hands...
- On his first day at his new preschool, the first thing he said to his teacher was, "Do you have any cheese?"
- I was trying to show him that his trains wouldn't fit in the box he was trying to put them in. He looked me in the eye and announced, "As I said, they WILL fit!" (But they didn't.)
- He found two magnets we thought were lost. He said, "We're HEROES!"
- Mike: "Brax, please lay down so I can change your diaper." Brax ignores him, twice. Me: "Brax, Daddy asked you nicely to lay down. You need to obey him." Brax, to Daddy: "Daddy, thank you for asking nicely, but no, I can't."
- Brax to Harper as she was falling asleep: "Sleep good, Baby Harper."
- Brax to Harper when she was fussing: "It's okay, I'm right here."
- Brax was in the backseat of the car and kept asking me where we were going. I kept answering, then he asked me again and he said, "Mommmmmmmy, can you SPEAK???" I looked at him in the mirror and he had his fingers plugging his ears.
- "I have an idea!"
- "Look at her tiny feet!" (Harper's)
- "That's just annoying." (He learned that from me... oops.)
- "Are you kidding me?" (Also from me.)
- "Mommy, I'm so glad you're here."
- "YOU will go in time out! I'm da boss."
- "That's cool!"
- "Start your engines!!"
- "That's not fair!"
- "Yippeeee skippeeee!"




2 comments:
Oh my goodness! Have you read the latest entry in Melissa's blog: http://staffordmoments.blogspot.com/
Melissa's father-in-law died yesterday but Melissa couldn't be bothered to travel with her husband Chad to be with his father, even though they knew he was going to die this week.
Worse than not being bothered to see her father-in-law, Melissa has been blogging about going shopping, going to lunch with her girlfriends, going to the gym, etc. rather than being at her husband's side.
Melissa says she can't travel a few hours by car to visit her dying father in law because she is pregnant. What the heck? How can you NOT travel to see your dying father-in-law but you can go to the gym?? go shopping?? and go out to lunch??
Now Melissa says she can't even be bothered to go to the poor man's funeral. Too busy going to the gym, I guess?
How many of you girls out there would not go and visit your father-in-law if you knew he only had a few days left on this earth? How many of you would leave your husband alone to watch his father die? How many of you would rather go shopping and go to the gym than go to your father-in-law's funeral?
I am just astonished at how cold, un-Godly and cruel this woman is. Incredible.
Hi I found your blog through Kellys Korner. I just love his little sayings!! Little ones are so funny in what they say!
Post a Comment