Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Party Party

We attended more social functions last Saturday than we usually do in 3 months!
We went to Brax's friend, Noah's, 2nd birthday party at 11am, then home for nap, then off to the kids' Christmas party in downtown KC that Mike's office puts on, then home to get ready for the adults' party for Mike's work over in Missouri. It was a super fun day, but my back was not appreciative of all the hustle and bustle!


Brax LOVED every bit of it, as you will see... Noah's birthday party was at Monkey Bizness, which is a GINORMOUS play-place for kids.

It was awesome! Thank goodness Mike did all the climbing, chasing, sliding at jumping with Brax--I just stood around and took pictures!!

Family Pic

Noah's mom and my great pal, Abbey


The birthday boy!


In the bouncer, playing dodgeball!


WHOAAAAA!!!! Notice Daddy still sitting at the top.


My monkeys.


Off he goes.


Noah blowing out his candles.


Mmmmm!!


Party #2--
Mike's office really knows how to throw a kids' party!
They had Santa, personalized gifts for each child, great finger foods, and like 10 craft tables set up! We got there at the tail end of everything because of nap time, but Brax still had fun.

"Now just in case you forgot what said I wanted LAST time I saw you..."


Once again, the candy cane from Santa was his favorite part.

It was extremely difficult for me to stand by and let him enjoy this sticky red mess the entire way home. By the time we got home, his mouth looked like The Joker from Batman!


After getting Brax to his parties, it was all I could do to get ready for our grown-up function. I did get ready, make-up and all, but of course did not take a picture of Mike and I! (I'm sure he wasn't too disappointed.)


These are from Friday nite--we drove around looking at some local light displays.

This house has their entire yard (and part of their roof) covered in Christmas inflatables. You can get out and walk thru the "trail" they have made around their house. Brax got a kick out of it... I was just thankful they weren't MY neighbors!

He loves his stocking cap!

1 comment:

Nate, Abbey, Noah, Blaire and Tatum said...

That action pic of Brax going down the slide is great!