HEIGHT/WEIGHT/TOOTH COUNT:
29 1/2 lbs, 37 inches tall, 18 teeth (still waiting on the upper 2nd molars).
NEW TRICKS:
- He hasn't really done anything new as far as physical development, but seems to be working on language instead. It's pretty fun to listen to him (most of the time) and hear his train of thought. His rationale for things is hilarious!! However, we are working on less whine and more big boy voice. He's also picked up, "HEY!!! That's MINE!!!!" which is silly because most of the time, there aren't other kids around to take things from him!
- He is developing his own little sense of humor. He will crack up while watching silly cartoons, or will get a chuckle out of reading some of his books.
FAVORITE FOODS:
- He has been pretty good about trying new things. He'll ask for a bite of whatever we're having, even though 90% of the time he spits it out. I'm just pleased that he'll try it.
- He likes to store food in his cheeks like a chipmunk--especially grape halves.
FAVORITE BOOKS:
- We read Christmas books all month! We'll spend the next month reading books about being a BIG BROTHER!
FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
- Hiding, playing with flashlights, "swimming" in the bathtub (laying down).
DAILY ROUTINE:
Gets up between 7-7:30. Nap at 1, for an hour+, to bed at 8pm
FAVORITE SONGS:
- He has impressed me with his ability to memorize songs and poems! Aunt Laura sings with him a lot, and I am always surprised to hear the entire chorus of a song that I don't even know! Lately he has been singing several songs from Mary Poppins! I especially love when he attempts "Super cali fragilistic expialidocious...."
DISLIKES:
- Lately he has been very unhappy when he has to get out of the bathtub... many times it results in a pre-bedtime meltdown. Not fun.
MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
- When we're laying in his bed at nite and he says he wants to "wub my face." So sweet.
- Monday, 12/14. I got home from work and he was especially happy to see me. He kept telling me, "I love you Mommy!" and he gave me a huge hug. That nite at dinner, he announced that "We fo-got to say our bwessings!" He folded his little hands and said, "God is good, let us thank him for our food. Amen."
BRAXISMS:
- When we are visibly frustrated or annoyed, he will instruct us to smile. I love this... it's hard to stay frustrated or annoyed when your sweet little boy is telling you to be happy! And he will keep telling us until we follow suit!
- We love the way he says "STOP!" This is usually when Daddy is messing with him, he will holler, "SOP!!!"
- He was watching a Thomas movie while we were in the car. He was trying to explain to me something that was happening in the movie (lightening had struck Percy and he couldn't get up the hill). He kept saying, "Lightening on Percy..." and so on, trying to explain himself better. Finally he said, "I don't know the word, Mommy." (He was trying to think of the word "struck.")
- He is HUGE into helping right now! Especially in the kitchen. I LOVE having him underfoot with me while I cook, as I know this won't last long. It's SO cute how he asks to help--he comes running as soon as he notices me starting something, exclaiming, "Can I help??" with his voice getting really high on the "help" part.
Next month will be the start of many big changes for Brax. I begin my maternity leave on January first, so we will have a few weeks to spend together before Harper arrives. My plan is to spend a few solid days doing Potty Boot Camp to see how he does. I at least want him to be aware of having the urge to pee, and to see what happens when you pee in big boy undies instead of a diaper. (I got him some for Christmas, along with plastic training pants to hopefully make clean up a little easier??) I am as new to this potty training thing as he is, so we'll both learn as we go. If he completely retaliates, then I will probably put it off till late spring.
Besides that, we will just sit back and wait for the newest addition to Team Hill!!!! My bet (or my hope?) is that she comes the last week of January, as Brax was 3 weeks early. We shall see!




No comments:
Post a Comment