Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Brax's Gingerbread House

I bought this gingerbread house at Bed Bath and Beyond last year on clearance. I expected that it might be a little stale, but to my surprise, it wasn't at all! I had the box laying out for a few days before we got around to doing it, and Brax couldn't WAIT to get his hands on it.

I LOVE this picture. He said, "I'm SO EXCITED!!"

Kneading the icing.
It's coming together!
Choosing the decorations.
"And this one will go here...."
I had to convince him that the icing was, in fact, both edible AND delicious.
"And this one goes here..."
"I wanna eat that one."

The finished product!
We will definitely make this a tradition--it was so fun to see how much he enjoyed it!
(Even if it will end up in the trash in a few weeks. I'll have to find another one on clearance!)

No comments: