The Sweet Smell of Christmas by Patricia M. Scarry and J.P. Miller
This is a fun one--it's scratch and sniff! Brax doesn't even care about the story, he just wants to flip thru the pages and sniff them over and over. The smells are yummy (apple pie, pine tree, candy cane, hot chocolate, gingerbread, an orange) and actually pretty accurate!
Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree by Robert Barry

I have an ANCIENT "vintage" copy of this book-it was my dad's when he was young! It appears that the newer editions have color pictures while ours is black and white, but it's a cute rhyming story nevertheless.
Angel! Angel! by Cheri Pless Dittmer
Grammy Sue got us this one--it is precious. You're probably familiar with the book, "Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See?" Well this book follows the same pattern, only with Christmas figures such as an angel, Mary, Joseph, a shepard, some animals, an innkeeper, and Baby Jesus. It is simple yet so stinking cute, and I love it because it's about the real reason behind Christmas. Brax has this one memorized!
My Merry Christmas and the Real Reason for Christmas Joy
by Sally Lloyd-Jones

Another great poem about what Christmas is truly about, with fun sparkly pictures!
How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Suess
Brax LOVES all the Dr. Suess books-I think he loves the rhymy-ness (did I make that up?) and sillyness of them. We read them so much that if I pause mid-sentence, he fills in the blank for me! Every time we read about The Grinch, he says, "He should not be mean!"




3 comments:
came across your blog off of Kelly's... we are reading to my just turned 3 year old "the elf on the shelf"...it is so cute! You hide the elf each night and then in the morning she looks for it. It goes to the north pool during the night and hides in a different spot when it returns. Enjoy Christmas reading, we are loving it!!
I had not heard of these, except the Grinch. My kids and I love to read books, so these will definitely be checked out to see if we love them too. Thanks!
Got here from WFMW, thanks for the book suggestions! Very cute blog!
Post a Comment