Last Saturday we went to "Day Out With Thomas" at the Midland Railway. We had gotten a ridiculous amount of rain that morning, so the grounds were a muddy swamp. If you know me, you know I am not a fan of muddy anything.
Let's see some enthusiasm, buddy.
This is the REAL Thomas you're standing next to!
As soon as we walked onto the grounds, Brax darted for the tent with the train tables set up in it. Since this was probably the tent with the most foot traffic, it was EXTRA sloppy. I began to stop him, but quickly decided that this would be a good time for me to get over it and get dirty. We took off our shoes and dug our toes in the mud. Yes, I said WE.
Let's see some enthusiasm, buddy.This is the REAL Thomas you're standing next to!
As soon as we walked onto the grounds, Brax darted for the tent with the train tables set up in it. Since this was probably the tent with the most foot traffic, it was EXTRA sloppy. I began to stop him, but quickly decided that this would be a good time for me to get over it and get dirty. We took off our shoes and dug our toes in the mud. Yes, I said WE.
The other time was when my country-boy cousin took me "muddin'" with him and his friends in their big trucks out in the boonies. (Which was actually really fun!)
But Brax enjoyed himself in the mud (after a little coaxing--he is MY child, after all),
and that's all that matters.
I wasn't going to let my kid be the only one
who didn't get to play with the trains just because it was muddy!
(But it did cross my mind.)
(While he stood on the DRY ground.
Let's be honest here, HE doesn't like mud any more than I do.)





1 comment:
Wowser...that's some mud...and I was complaining about the gravel and my stroller! :)
Post a Comment