NEW TRICKS:
Likes kiwi.
FAVORITE BOOKS:
Toy Story 3.
FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
Squirting anything, riding his bike, playing in the baby pool, watching Tom and Jerry (he belly-laughs at it--it's so cute!).
DISLIKES:
He gets very annoyed if I don't get his hands COMPLETELY dry after washing them, or when I get lotion on them after bath. He also hates it if I don't keep his fingernails clipped really short--he picks at them (and his toenails) if there is any white showing! (At least he's not chewing them!) He tells me I need to clip my fingernails all the time.
MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
Sunday, June 6-We were just playing and listening to music and he said, "Mommy, I want to dance with you!"
BRAXISMS:
- Has pooped on the potty a couple of times. Otherwise, poops in his Pull-Ups. Can stay dry in undies, IF we stay on top of visits to the potty. He has pretty much stopped telling us when he needs to go, and instead counts on us to do the work! I guess the novelty wore off. Potty training sucks.
- Can put his velcro sandals on and take them off by himself.
- Has my phone number and his birthday memorized. We are working on our address.
- "Swims" by himself (with life vest on, by doing his feet in a "running" motion like he learned at swim lessons.)
Likes kiwi.
FAVORITE BOOKS:
Toy Story 3.
FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
Squirting anything, riding his bike, playing in the baby pool, watching Tom and Jerry (he belly-laughs at it--it's so cute!).
DISLIKES:
He gets very annoyed if I don't get his hands COMPLETELY dry after washing them, or when I get lotion on them after bath. He also hates it if I don't keep his fingernails clipped really short--he picks at them (and his toenails) if there is any white showing! (At least he's not chewing them!) He tells me I need to clip my fingernails all the time.
MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
Sunday, June 6-We were just playing and listening to music and he said, "Mommy, I want to dance with you!"
BRAXISMS:
- He ran into Harper's room while I was putting her to bed, right before his bathtime. He asked in his most convincing tone, "Can I sleep in your bed? That will be a GOOD idea!"
- Fell of his bike and said, "I wish the concrete was SOFT."
- One nite we were eating dinner and Mike was not home yet. Brax said, "Aren't we missing something?" I said, "What?" "DADDY!" he exclaimed.
- He always confuses "to" with "at." For example, instead of saying, "Are we going TO the park?" he says, "Are we going AT the park?" He also always says, "There's anything not coming out!" if no pee-pee comes out (instead of, "There's nothing coming out," or "There's not anything coming out.") I think his grammatical errors are cute!
- He refers to anything that has happened in the past tense as happening "last night."
- "Mommy, I want a drink... We should buy a water fountain."
- Made foot prints when he stepped out of the pool on the concrete. Said, "I made tip-toe prints!"
- I was upstairs doing something real quick, he came running up saying, "I was taking care of Harper for you!" (I think he put her nite-nite back in her mouth.)
- At swim lessons, in the water with the teacher he told her, "This place has too much water!"
- In our neighborhood pool, he told me, "Get out of the water so I can do it all by my-say-elf!" (That's how he pronounces it!)




1 comment:
Noah is the same way about past events...it's always "last night." I find it so funny when he messes his words up too which probably doesn't help with him fixing it. My dad came in town today and before he got here he kept saying, "Pop Gary be soon here." I couldn't help but bust up everytime! Kids are so funny.
Post a Comment