Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 1, 2009

2 Year Stats!!!!

HEIGHT/WEIGHT/TOOTH COUNT: 36 inches (90%), 29 lbs. (65%), 13 teeth. (He got his first canine in! Finally!)

NEW TRICKS: Can put his Crocs on by himself, and take his shorts off with little help.
He tells us before he poops in his diaper.
Asks for hugs, alot. I love this!
Hangs on the rope climbing thing at the park and swings.
Drinks medicine out of the little cup all by himself, instead of a dropper.
Understands time-out, and will put himself there when he does he's done wrong!
Lets me scale his teeth.

FAVORITE FOODS: Loves carbs---cheese, bread (Hawaiian sweet rolls, specifically), and noodles ("noonles" he says). Will eat cooked veggies (carrots, green beans, loves corn on the cob) but not raw. Loves turkey hot dogs (no more Gerber meat sticks!!) and chicken nuggets. Loves cantelope.

FAVORITE BOOKS: Lately we've been doing "theme weeks" with Aunt Laura. Each week I plan a different theme (trains, trucks, ocean, airplanes, etc.) and borrow a bunch of books from the library that go along with it. I also plan corresponding "fieldtrips," crafts, songs and activities for the week. I should have been a preschool teacher! It's so fun!

FAVORITE TOYS: His yellow marker (why???), a syringe, spray bottles.

FAVORITE ACTIVITIES: Jumping from the ottoman onto his Backyardigans couch,

DAILY ROUTINE: 7-7:30 up, one nap at 1:00, to bed at 8:00. Lately he asks to be put in his crib instead of rocking, but wants you to lay on the floor by his bed.

FAVORITE SONGS: He sings the Darius Rucker song "It's Allright By Me" in the car!!!

DISLIKES: Not being allowed to carry his blanket around like Linus! Usually he throws it back in his crib and says "Go downstairs!" but some days he wants to carry it around and keep snuggling it like a baby! He gets very hacked off when we make him put it back. He's never been allowed to do this, so I don't know why he wants to now...

FUNNY THINGS HE SAID/DID: One night I shut the lamp off when we were done reading books and he said, "See ya next time, books!"
Says "O-kay!" with a big emphasis on the "O." Same thing with "UH-oh!"
Says "sorry" on his own.
Calls the TV remote a "freemote."
Crawls up on the couch and says, "Mommy, sit. Suggle (snuggle). Cover up."
Calls his guitar a "GEE-tar" like a true Okie.
Will stand on anything elevated (a step, a stool, the ottoman), put his hands up in the air, and say, "Dump to me!" (Jump), meaning he wants to jump to us.
Begs for "eat-more" in the morning-this is what he calls oatmeal.
Will randomly start singing the hook from "I've Been Working on the Railroad"---the "fee, fi, fiddly-I-O" part. Hilarious.
He will order you to "come here" or "go away."
Is OBSESSED with carrying around his markers (the yellow one, specifically) and a giant syringe we got from the pharmacy one time with a prescription he had to take. He doesn't want to do anything special with either item, he just LOVES carrying them around, EVERYWHERE. He throws a HUGE fit if you try and take them away. Weird!!!!

MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET: All the times he asks for hugs from me, and wants to snuggle with me on the couch. I know these things will not happen once he's a teenager!

Oh yeah, he threw his first fit over what to wear, just 2 days after turning 2. My mom had bought him a cute little button-up shirt and I wanted him to wear it when we went to see my friends in Tulsa on Friday. He REFUSED to wear it! He has never done that before. He ONLY wanted to wear his grey Adidas t-shirt (that he had slept in the night before.) I let him, but then threw the nicer shirt on over it when we went in to say hi to everyone!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Aunt Val, my experience with boys (I have seen Mike, Ty and Joel ya know) is that they can be 10, 15 or 20 and still LOVE laying over mom's lap for some TLC or a back scratch. It may not be too long, but they will do it! I remember Mike doing this alot and Tyler still does. I love boys.