Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 10, 2009

Brax's 2nd 2nd Birthday Party (PICTURE OVERLOAD!!)

We had Brax's 2nd 2nd birthday party here in KC last Saturday out at Kill Creek Park. (If you've never been--go! They have a beautiful lake with a swim beach and great playgrounds.)



I know, I know, he won't remember his 2nd birthday party (either of them), and I wasted a lot of energy, time and money putting it on. But it was so fun! Kids are only little for a short while, and before I know it, Brax won't be wanting to celebrate his birthdays with his mom and dad!



My great friend Jen L., who is getting started in photography, offered to take pictures for me so I could relax and enjoy the party! (She also helped me get EVERYTHING to the picnic shelter and set up! I owe you so big, Jen!) Here are 80+ of the great shots she got (she actually took over 300, but I know you don't have all day....) These pics are a priceless gift!






The sign as you entered the picnic shelter





A "centerpiece"


The pinata


Noah (Abbey's son) enjoying the playground



The spread--I made this part easy on myself.

All from Sam's!!



Fun balloons



The birthday boy has arrived!



"All this, for ME??"



Sam, our neighbor.



Ava (Jen L.'s daughter) and Malayna (Leslie's step-daughter)



Jace patiently waiting on his snow cone.



Carson, our neighbor, drunk on Capri Sun?



Jen L.'s husband Chris took over snow cone duty for me.



Jen and Chris's daughter, Ava.


Taking it all in.



Delanie (with mom, Jen W.) getting a kick out something!



I can't believe he's TWO.




Carson and Sam creating a masterpiece.



Delanie showing them how it's done.



Cutie patootie.



Twins, Brody and Cooper B. (John and Brooke's boys)



Noah, not so sure about all this ruckus.



Cooper, finding a hidden treasure to eat.



Brody.

"Mom, Cooper's eating off the ground again!"



"It hasn't killed me yet!"



Noah, happy to have some food.


John and Brody.


Forcing him to stop and eat something!


Such a little man! (Noah)


Noah



Attacking the pig.


Attacking the cow.
(I have to note Brax's left handed swing--

without prompting from Dad!)


Bubba (I work with his mom, Tracy) taking a shot.


And another...


Sam, a huge Royals fan!



Carson


Malayna (her swing looks like mine!)


Noah



Logan


Jace was DYING to get a crack at the cow!


We finally had to bring in a big kid to get it open.




And Mike said I shouldn't waste money on candy for the pinata....

Look at how much fun he had!


JACKPOT!














GROUP PICTURE TIME:

I knew we wouldn't get a perfect one,

but I love it anyway!













Notice Jace "helping" Brax look at the camera!!





Opening gifts.











BUDDIES-Jace and Brax




A little alone time with his sucker.


Party favors!


















"Party's over. I'm outta here."


"But my sucker's all gone!!!"

1 comment:

Nate, Abbey, Noah, Blaire and Tatum said...

Adorable! I love all the pics! Such a great party!