NEW TRICKS:
- As of tonight, (Aug. 21), he is sleeping in a BIG BOY BED!!!! (Updated: He slept till 6:45 the first morning, then took a 2 1/2 hour nap yesterday, and slept till 7:30 this morning! He has put himself to sleep every time, without us in there!)
- He knows a few of his colors-red, orange, green, blue, black.
- Identifies some letters correctly--B, X, I, T, O, P.
- Tries to sing his ABC's--gets to G and then starts over. It's not very coherent, but I get it. Counts to 5.
- Jumps with both feet off the ground.
- Blows bubbles in the water. I had been trying to get him to do this, and he never would. Then one day in the bathtub, he just stuck his face in and blew! He gets a kick out of himself.
FAVORITE FOODS: Nothing new....
FAVORITE BOOKS: Green Eggs and Ham, Are You My Mother, The Jesus Storybook Bible
FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES: Playing with blocks and Thomas the Train
DAILY ROUTINE: Up anywhere from 7-7:45, nap from 1-3 (on a good day), to bed at 8
FAVORITE SONGS: The Muffin Man (he walks around singing this sometimes)
DISLIKES: When we won't carry him, and when I took all the markers in the house away because he was so obsessed with carrying them around. Fortunately, he forgot about them by the next day.
BRAXISMS:
- We went to dinner at a Chinese restaurant and I ordered him some milk. He took and sip, shook his head and said, "SPICY, Mommy." After he refused to drink it thru dinner, I finally tasted it. It wasn't spicy, but it was rotten! It was the most spoiled milk I've ever tasted. Poor guy. He knew something wasn't right, spicy or not!
- One day he discovered that if you plug your ears, things are quieter. He stuck his fingers in both ears and said, "Turn it off!"
- We were walking on the sidewalk and he pointed to the street and said, "T!" There was some black tar or whatever they use to fill cracks, and sure enough, it was in the shape of a T. Smarty pants.
- Calls yogurt "lowgurt"
- At Sam's Club, I wouldn't carry him (made him ride in the cart like always). He said, "Mean mommy!!!" I laughed. Probably won't be the last time I hear that.
- Often tells me to "lay down on the carpet" next to his bed when I put him down. I avoid this by telling him I'm going to take a shower, and then I'll come back and lay on the carpet. Of course, I never go back in until he's already asleep!
- When he's crying because he's mad and I tell him to stop the crying, he yells back, "NO! I CWYING WITE NOW!" ("I'm crying right now," as if he's just HAS to get it out.)
- One day he insisted on shutting his bedroom door after we walked out. When I asked why, he explained to me, "Bugs don't get in." Apparently he thinks we live in a roach motel.
- Everytime we say it's time to get in the bathtub, he says with a smile, "Pway (play) a few minutes!"
- One day Brax and Mike were playing downstairs in the playroom. Brax wanted to bring a toy upstairs (we try to avoid that, so our living room isn't flooded with them) and Daddy said no. He told Daddy, "Mommy tell you upstairs." (Meaning he thought I would tell Daddy to let him bring the toy upstairs!"
- I was texting while we were sitting at the dinner table--Brax said, "Close it, Mommy. Off limits." Since when did my 2 year old become an expert at cell phone etiquette???
- There is a cartoon called "Word World" on PBS Kids (click on the link--it's a great educational cartoon if you have kids). You'd have to watch the cartoon to get it, but the jist is that they show a word in big block letters, then sing a little song and smoosh the letters together to "build a word." Then the letters become the object they spell. Anyway, Brax and I were reading a book that had single words in big block letters on the page, similar to the cartoon. He took his hands and tried to smoosh the letters together and said, "Build a word!!!" He understood that the letters on the page make a word, which represents and object. Very cool. I love that show!
- When we were in the waiting room to get his cast on, he was playing with another little boy. Brax had brought his screwdriver with him. He handed it to the boy and said, "Arm broke. Fix it."
- I was laying on the floor, he laid his head on my belly and heard it gurgling. He said "water." I told him there was a baby in there swimming. He tried to push a little car thru my belly button and said, "Baby ride on."
- When he wants to be carried downstairs and I say no, he stands at the top and says, "Hug???" with a grin. Of course, I can't deny him a hug. And of course, when I give him the hug, he won't let go so that I HAVE to carry him down! Sneaky little boy.




1 comment:
aww, I really enjoyed reading this post. Lowgurt is the cutest :-)
Post a Comment