And this was the day we brought him home... his first sleep in his crib.
It seemed so big then.
came to disassemble the last remaining piece of Brax's babyhood.
You can't beat t-shirt sheets!
Tucked in!
You can see that he has a sock on his cast...
I put this on it so he wouldn't hurt his face if he accidentally rubbed it during the night.
I'm not finished with his bed (or the rest of his big boy room) yet, which is frustrating.
We opened the box and found that his head board has a huge crack in it. We had ordered it from Nebraska Furniture Mart at the same time as the rest of his furniture (when I was pregnant) and never opened it to inspect. We just stored it in the basement. We should have known better--2 of the other 5 pieces we got were damaged in shipping. Of course, now it's too late to send it back and exchange it, but NFM said they'd pay half to special order a new one (they don't have it in stock anymore.) So who knows how long that will take.
Then, the quilt I bought for his big boy bed looked silly because his bed is XL twin. It was way too short. I took that back, and bought a down comforter instead (only $25 at Marshalls!) and I'm going to get a duvet cover. I figure that will be easier to wash anyway. But I can't find a duvet cover I like!
We still need to move his glider out, and figure out what will go in the corner to replace it. We may put another chair there, or maybe it will be a toy corner. I'm concerned though that if we put toys in his room, he will be apt to get out of bed and play with them.
I also need to get a small (inexpensive) nightstand, since his will go in the baby's room.
I don't want to hang stuff on the walls until I'm sure everything is where it's going to stay!
So this is a work in progress.... But at least he's sleeping!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment