HEIGHT/WEIGHT/TOOTH COUNT:
28 Inches
18 Lbs (approximately... done at home)
Size 3 diapers
Still fits well in 6 month summer clothes but can wear 6-9 month fall stuff
NEW TRICKS:
28 Inches
18 Lbs (approximately... done at home)
Size 3 diapers
Still fits well in 6 month summer clothes but can wear 6-9 month fall stuff
NEW TRICKS:
- Shakes her head like she's saying no.
- Gives big, slobbery, open-mouthed kisses.
- Pats her tummy when she's laying down and our arms/backs when we're holding her.
- Looks for toys that have fallen, gets mad when she can't get them back. When she's laying on a blanket on her tummy she will pull the blanket towards her to get a toy closer.
- Let's go of and pushes toys away that she doesn't want.
- Eats meat and stage 2 mixed foods now.
- On the day she turned 8 months, she started sitting unsupported for long periods of time! She literally seemed to go from baby to bigger baby over nite!
- The same week, she realized she can roll from tummy to back.
FAVORITE FOODS:
Loves oatmeal cereal, but not rice. Will eat pretty much any baby foods except green beans.
FAVORITE BOOKS:
Fancy Nancy, Rainbow Rob, Baby Cakes, 10 Little Babies... I like to read the same ones every nite so she recognizes them. We throw in new ones every now and then.
FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
Loves oatmeal cereal, but not rice. Will eat pretty much any baby foods except green beans.
FAVORITE BOOKS:
Fancy Nancy, Rainbow Rob, Baby Cakes, 10 Little Babies... I like to read the same ones every nite so she recognizes them. We throw in new ones every now and then.
FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
- Sitting up! She loves to show off her new found skill! If you lay her on her back she tries so hard to sit back up, like she's doing a mini-crunch. She is happiest when she's sitting on a blanket on the floor w/ her toys and watching Brax play around her.
- Blowing spit bubbles.
- Being outside.
- This isn't new, but the girl LOVES to chew on EVERYTHING. I realize this is typical infant behavior, but it's new for us! Brax NEVER put ANYTHING in his mouth. She especially loves chewing on tags.
- Inspecting small details on toys like the little bows on her dolls or the appliqued flowers on her shorts.
- Wants to be facing forward when we hold her so she can see!
DAILY ROUTINE:
3-4 am--5 oz bottle, right back to sleep
6:30-7am--awake for the day
7:00--3T oatmeal/2 oz milk + full container of fruit
8:45--2 oz bottle
9:00--1 1/2 hour nap
11:45--3T oatmeal/2 oz milk + full container of veggie
1:00--2 oz bottle
1:15--2 hour nap
3:45--3T oatmeal/2 oz milk + meat/veggie
6:00--bath
6:15--5 oz milk w/ 1T rice, then books
6:45--to bed
FAVORITE SONGS:
3 Little Fishies (in the bath)
DISLIKES:
Laying on her back!
MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
9/10--She woke up at 11:30 crying (which is totally abnormal for her) so I went in... I picked her up and we rocked, and she was immediately consoled. As we were rocking, she was staring so intently at my face, like she was wide awake (which I was not.) She would put her hand on my chest or my face, and just kept looking at me. When I would lean my head back on the chair to try and sleep she would pick her head up off my arm and strain trying to get a look at my face again. Then when I'd look down at her again she would smile so big! She finally went back to sleep. Guess she just wanted to make sure Momma was there.
One day I had taken the kids to the grocery store. When we got home I needed to get the cold stuff in the fridge and Harper was hungry. So I let Brax feed her a bottle and he did so well! He held it so carefully and even wiped her chin when she dribbled. She couldn't stop smiling at him so the milk kept leaking out! When she'd turn away and look at me he would say, "Hopper, HOPPER... YOOOOO HOOOO!" It was so cute!
3-4 am--5 oz bottle, right back to sleep
6:30-7am--awake for the day
7:00--3T oatmeal/2 oz milk + full container of fruit
8:45--2 oz bottle
9:00--1 1/2 hour nap
11:45--3T oatmeal/2 oz milk + full container of veggie
1:00--2 oz bottle
1:15--2 hour nap
3:45--3T oatmeal/2 oz milk + meat/veggie
6:00--bath
6:15--5 oz milk w/ 1T rice, then books
6:45--to bed
FAVORITE SONGS:
3 Little Fishies (in the bath)
DISLIKES:
Laying on her back!
MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
9/10--She woke up at 11:30 crying (which is totally abnormal for her) so I went in... I picked her up and we rocked, and she was immediately consoled. As we were rocking, she was staring so intently at my face, like she was wide awake (which I was not.) She would put her hand on my chest or my face, and just kept looking at me. When I would lean my head back on the chair to try and sleep she would pick her head up off my arm and strain trying to get a look at my face again. Then when I'd look down at her again she would smile so big! She finally went back to sleep. Guess she just wanted to make sure Momma was there.
One day I had taken the kids to the grocery store. When we got home I needed to get the cold stuff in the fridge and Harper was hungry. So I let Brax feed her a bottle and he did so well! He held it so carefully and even wiped her chin when she dribbled. She couldn't stop smiling at him so the milk kept leaking out! When she'd turn away and look at me he would say, "Hopper, HOPPER... YOOOOO HOOOO!" It was so cute!





No comments:
Post a Comment