32 Lbs., 40 Inches
Respiratory treatment pretty much since last fall-Pulmicort breathing treatments every morning to prevent asthma symptoms, Xoponex as needed for wheezing/coughing/retraction. He has done really well all summer.
NEW TRICKS:
Likes grilled cheese sandwiches, kiwi, grapefruit, lemons, ham cubes dipped in mustard, turkey little smokies.
FAVORITE BOOKS:
We have been getting alot of library books lately. He LOVES Choo Choo by Virginia Lee Burton!
FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
DAILY ROUTINE:
7-7:30--Up
Mon-Thurs 8:25-11:25--School
12:00--Lunch
1:00-2:30--Nap
5:30--Dinner
7:30--Bath/books
8:15--Bed
FAVORITE SONGS:
Go Go Thomas, from Hero of the Rails
DISLIKES:
Taking his shirt off before bath time. I have to put his blankie over my head and pretend like I can't get out until he has his shirt off. He thinks this is funny so he cooperates. Otherwise, it is a HUGE battle and he whines incessantly to get me to do it for him. He is NOT the typical 3 year old who wants to do everything by himself. He would love for me to feed him still if I would do it! To my future daughter in-law--I promise I am trying to break him of this!
MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
One morning Brax woke up with a leaky diaper and his nose was runny/stuffy. He was more than annoyed. The first thing he said to me (in his best feel-sorry-for-me voice) was, "I'm having a rough day!" I picked him up and held him as we just sat at the end of his bed and rocked a little bit. Despite my best efforts, the day continued to get rougher... I washed his wet leaky pull up with the sheets (which was a real pain to clean out of the washer/dryer/load of laundry) and then we went to the mall and he had a #2 accident in the play area. If that wasn't bad enough, the poo giblet fell out of his boxer briefs and shorts and he stepped on it and slid down the ramp on it!
I keep forgetting to write this down--it's part of our nightly ritual--Mike does the sweetest thing at Brax's bedtime... I always read to Brax every night, and Mike comes in midway thru to give Brax his goodnight fist bump. Then he tells Brax to "give Mommy a kiss!" which he happily does. This is one of my favorite things!
Random--I noticed he is getting a few freckles on his body.
BRAXISMS:
Respiratory treatment pretty much since last fall-Pulmicort breathing treatments every morning to prevent asthma symptoms, Xoponex as needed for wheezing/coughing/retraction. He has done really well all summer.
NEW TRICKS:
- Can blow his nose! No more nose sucker!!
- Can do somersaults.
- Working on washing his own hair.
- Started soccer this month! Daddy takes him so I don't have any pics, but I love it that they have some father-son time! I will have to take a picture of him in his cute little uniform before they go! Mike says he participates very well at practice!
Likes grilled cheese sandwiches, kiwi, grapefruit, lemons, ham cubes dipped in mustard, turkey little smokies.
FAVORITE BOOKS:
We have been getting alot of library books lately. He LOVES Choo Choo by Virginia Lee Burton!
FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
- Giving "love punches." (A regular punch, usually in the arm or leg, which he then declares a "love punch." Really sweet right?)
- Playing with his old baby toys that I've pulled out for Harper.
- Playing "I Spy" (Nana taught him this!).
DAILY ROUTINE:
7-7:30--Up
Mon-Thurs 8:25-11:25--School
12:00--Lunch
1:00-2:30--Nap
5:30--Dinner
7:30--Bath/books
8:15--Bed
FAVORITE SONGS:
Go Go Thomas, from Hero of the Rails
DISLIKES:
Taking his shirt off before bath time. I have to put his blankie over my head and pretend like I can't get out until he has his shirt off. He thinks this is funny so he cooperates. Otherwise, it is a HUGE battle and he whines incessantly to get me to do it for him. He is NOT the typical 3 year old who wants to do everything by himself. He would love for me to feed him still if I would do it! To my future daughter in-law--I promise I am trying to break him of this!
MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
One morning Brax woke up with a leaky diaper and his nose was runny/stuffy. He was more than annoyed. The first thing he said to me (in his best feel-sorry-for-me voice) was, "I'm having a rough day!" I picked him up and held him as we just sat at the end of his bed and rocked a little bit. Despite my best efforts, the day continued to get rougher... I washed his wet leaky pull up with the sheets (which was a real pain to clean out of the washer/dryer/load of laundry) and then we went to the mall and he had a #2 accident in the play area. If that wasn't bad enough, the poo giblet fell out of his boxer briefs and shorts and he stepped on it and slid down the ramp on it!
I keep forgetting to write this down--it's part of our nightly ritual--Mike does the sweetest thing at Brax's bedtime... I always read to Brax every night, and Mike comes in midway thru to give Brax his goodnight fist bump. Then he tells Brax to "give Mommy a kiss!" which he happily does. This is one of my favorite things!
Random--I noticed he is getting a few freckles on his body.
BRAXISMS:
- To Mike when he turned the water on in the bathroom sink to help give Brax the urge to pee faster... "Turn it off, Daddy! You're wasting water!"
- At least twice a day he randomly says to me, "Momma?" (waits for response) "I love you!" This makes up for the love punches!
- One day I had actually done my hair and put on make up. Brax told me I looked pretty!
- I was talking on the phone while he was playing. He told me, "SHHHH! I need peace and quiet."
- I served him carrots for lunch one day. He said he didn't need them, his eyes could see fine.
- Mike tossed one of his trains across the room. Brax scolded him, "That's how they get chipped, Daddy!"
- "Let me smell your eyes!" as he sniffed at them.
- As he was looking out the window at the backyard, he noticed brown spots in the grass. "Why is the grass muddered?" I asked what that word meant. He said, "Who killed it?" I assume he meant "murdered." I have no idea how he knows this word. Scary.
- He told me some trains he was wanting. Asked if I could get them on "Craig List."
- We were driving to a festival, trying to find where the parking was. Mike and I were going back and forth about directions and Brax pipes up, "Mommy! Stop talking! Daddy, I'm calming Mommy down." I was cracking up, he says, "You are DISTRACTING Daddy's driving!"
- One day we were watching cartoons, he pointed out to me that their mouths don't close all the way when they talk.
- Driving to the grocery store, again he pipes up-"WAIT A MINUTE!" He then proceeds to try and tell Mike and I how to get to Wal-Mart... "Go left of 51st stweet... then go left... and go left on... uh... left... uh... on 51st stweet..." Hilarious!




No comments:
Post a Comment