Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

PEE PEE IN THE POTTY!

No, there aren't any photos to document this joyous occasion (surprisingly enough), but I have to blog about it!

We haven't really forced the potty training issue with Brax, mostly because I'm being lazy. I'd much rather change a dirty diaper than dirty underwear/pants/socks/shoes/sheets and clean the floor/carpet. I figure, when Brax feels like going in the potty, he'll tell me. Occasionally, I will sit him on the potty, usually just for a photo opp. What's cuter than a toddler "reading" while sitting on the potty???

So tonight, as I was getting his bath ready, Brax tells me that he wants to go pee-pee in the potty. I suggested he sit on his little potty that we have next to the big one in his bathroom. He said, "No, I wanna sit on the BIG potty." So I took off his diaper, plopped him on there backwards and told him to hold on to the seat while I finished filling the tub. Not 30 seconds later, I heard PEE coming out!!!!!!! I could hardly contain my excitement, but I did so as not to cause any stagefright. He let it all out, then wanted to flush. Then I let out the cheers! We ran out of the bathroom to holler the big news to Daddy. Brax announced to him excitedly, "I PEE PEED IN THE POTTY, DADDY!"

Aaahhhh, this is such an exciting milestone! Maybe he'll be fully trained by the time Harper comes! Woo hooo!!!!!!

No comments: