Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

2 Yr/3 Mo Stats and Braxisms

HEIGHT/WEIGHT/TOOTH COUNT:

29 1/2 lbs, 36 inches tall, 16 teeth (still waiting on 2nd molars). Also, he had pneumonia for the first time this month and got tubes put in his ears.



NEW TRICKS:


  • Makes up rhymes (they don't always contain real words, but they do rhyme!). The most popular one has been "Pat sat on a kitty cat." Over and over and over and over again.
  • Sufficiently washes his hands by himself (tops, palms, and in between his fingers).
  • Can take off his jacket (loose ones), pants and socks by himself.
  • Sat through a haircut without fussing/crying/flailing for the first time EVER (Daddy came with us this time--What is it about Dad's that makes children automatically behave????)
  • Sang the whole alphabet (once) to Grammy on the phone.
  • Sunday, 10/25--PEED IN THE POTTY FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!


FAVORITE FOODS:

  • Waffles, torn in strips so he can dip them in syrup. He likes to squeeze his own syrup in the little bowl.
  • Boca burgers (veggie burgers) with cheese and ketchup-no bun.
  • Orange juice (asks very nicely when we're drinking it, "Can I have some your juice, please??"
FAVORITE BOOKS:
Green Eggs and Ham, If You Give a Moose a Muffin, The Jesus Storybook

FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
Flashlights, sponges (I only give him brand new ones!), trains

DAILY ROUTINE:
Sometimes sleeps till 8:30!!! Nap at 1, for an hour+, to bed at 8pm


FAVORITE SONGS:
Skip to My Lou, BINGO, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

DISLIKES:
When we put the TV to rest--we felt like he was getting way to addicted to watching TV--asking for it ALL the time, from the time he woke up till he went to bed, he was always wanting it on. So as of Oct. 22, we have decided no TV at all for awhile. The first two days he got mad about it a few times, but now (4 days in) he seems to have forgotten about it. It's amazing what you get done and the creative ways you can find to pass the time with no TV.


MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
For a few nights when I would put him to bed, he wanted to lay on my belly and "sleep by Baby Harper." He actually fell asleep like that a couple of times. Now my belly is too big, and it's uncomfortable!

Lately he has been grabbing my face with both hands and giving me big wet kisses. That probably explains why he and I kept getting sick all month!


BRAXISMS:

  • I swatted his bottom because he kept standing up in the bathtub-he said, "Leave my body alone!"
  • Woke up in the middle of the night dreaming and yelling, "Mommy, leave my hair alone! Don't cut my hair."
  • While changing his diaper, holding his legs up so I could wipe the poo, he says, "Let go of my shin!!"
  • Says, "It's RUINED!" when something breaks or comes apart.
  • While laying in bed, getting ready to go to sleep he announced to me, "I just tooted, Mommy! I blew bubbles in my pants!"
  • I had a jar of candy corn sitting on the entry table. He would constantly say, "My tummy hurts. I need a piece of candy corn." (I hid the jar of candy corn. His tummy never hurts anymore.)
  • Makes a mess, then says, "What a MESS!"
  • Asked me to turn the TV on. When I told him the TV was taking a break and that he should play with his toys instead, he said, "NO! My toys are taking a break, that's why I wanna watch TV!" How's that for logic?!
  • Lifted my shirt and said with a chuckle, "Look at your fat tummy!" I'm praying he doesn't do this to the next person he sees with a gut.
  • Eating Teddy Grahams and pretzels. Just wanted to dig out the TG's, and when they were almost gone, he looked in his snack bowl and said, "Teddy, wherrrrre arrrre yooooou? There you are! Yessssssss!"
  • I asked him if he wanted some water, he answered, "I don't want any. Thank you though."
  • Kept saying "Good grief!" randomly one day.
  • In Pop Pop's computer room. When I peeked in and asked him what he was doing, he ran out and said, "I better get outta' here!"

No comments: