Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Craftiness and The Belly

I made (and by made I mean I "embellished" existing articles of clothing) Brax's Halloween costume last Sunday! To give myself a little crafty credit, I did make the hat from scratch.
And to give myself a little more crafty credit (because I'm really not that crafty), Mike even commented that Brax's costume was "internet worthy!" To quote my usually un-impressable husband exactly, he said, "That's pretty freaking cool."
That's the ultimate compliment, coming from him!
So here it is. I may take better pics later...
These really don't do it justice, if I do say so myself :-) Hee hee hee.


I bought the overalls and flannel shirt at a consignment store for under $10 total.
I had the felt, leaves, and raffia from other projects.

I hand-stitched little felt patches on the knees and elbow, and hot-glued some fake leaves on.

I hot-glued raffia to strips of felt, then hot-glued the strips into the cuffs, under the collar, and inside the pockets of the shirt and bibbers. I did it this way so the felt would keep the raffia from being scratchy. I just noticed that I forgot to do around the ankles of the bibbers!

The hat was quite a chore. I measured his head, then just kind of winged it from there. I used my sewing machine to put it together, then hot-glue to add the other stuff. I have 11 more days to convince Brax that this is the coolest hat ever and that he should leave it on his head the entire time he is trick-or-treating.


Another sewing project--
I attached a band of knit fabric to the tops of my scrubs to make them into maternity pants. They make maternity scrubs just like this, but they don't come in long lengths like the regular ones do. So with the help of my MIL, I made my own!
When The Belly gets bigger, I can keep the panel up like this.

But for now I just fold it over and it keeps my britches from falling down under my belly.
Sidenote: The line on my belly and smears you see are a shadow and toothpaste splatter on the mirror!

No comments: