Randoms from this weekend...
Today we went out to Legends (an outdoor shopping center) to finish up some Christmas shopping. Yep, you heard me right--I said finish up.
Brax was bound and determined to get those Goldfish, mittens or not!
Ok, so has anyone else had any trouble getting their kid to take a REAL sippy cup? Brax does great with the two in the middle--the ones with the silicone nipples that are pretty much just glorified bottles. But he just plays with/chews on/throws the other ones. He does not like the hard spouts, and he hasn't figured out how to suck from a straw. Any tips??
and was trying to get him to figure them all out.

Chews this one.
Throws this one.


"Mommy, if I smile real cute like this can I have my good sippy back?"

"Ahhh yes. I like this one."
Chews this one.
"I'm gonna' chuck it down the stairs."
Snuggling this morning watching some Sesame Street.

This was particularly cute to me because I didn't "pose" him like I sometimes do.
He climbed up in Daddy's chair and sat there for like 5 minutes taking in the OU game.
Since he was sitting so still I got rid of the bib to get some better shots!





2 comments:
With all 3 of our children, we waited and ONLY gave cow's milk, instead of formula in the sippy cup of choice. This was usually MUCH more desirable to our child. They wanted cow's milk, or of course juice. It's pretty much how we broke them of the bottle.
That's what worked for us...hope it helps! :)
~kim j.
Val,
Delanie had the same trouble! I finally got her to take the disposable plastic sippy cups. They are small so she can easily hold them and now she just thinks they are her bottle! I re-use the cups over and over....they are fine on the top rack of the dishwasher! They are cheap and worked for us! Good luck!
Post a Comment