Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

Harper's Room-Getting Started

So remember my "inspiration" for Harper's room?
This canvas... (I have 2 of them)



I'm leaning towards painting the walls a really pale lavender,
but I pulled some green swatches just in case. Either way, the walls will be subtle.

I found several fabrics at a place called Home Fabrics. It is the greatest fabric store ever--it's like all overstock warehouse stuff, and everything I found was under $4 a yard!!!!
I'm not OVERLY crazy about plaid, but every color in this one matched the flower picture perfectly. I am still on the hunt for another printed fabric... I'd prefer a stripe.
I need a printed fabric to tie everything together on the bumper, and I'd like to use it for the bottom layer of the crib skirt.

I like this one for the top layer of the crib skirt, and for the bottom layer of the window panels.

The first one here looks kind of rust colored in the picture, but it's really more of a pinky-purple. The lavender and blue fabrics next to it are my favorite--they are thick and really soft. These will be part of the bumper.

These are more options for blocks of fabric on the bumper. I will also use the deep purple one, which has sort of a velour feel, for the top layer of the window panels.

So that's what I have so far...


3 comments:

LilRedJo said...

Gorgeous.

JennLeon said...

Good to bring home paint swatches to ponder over rather than just picking out a paint color and hoping it works - LOL!!

ClintandGina said...

Looks like your nursery is going to be gorgeous. I am so sorry I am just now getting back from your comment on my blog. In case you are still looking for someone to make your custom bedding http://www.jacquelynreese.com/index2.php

She is in Houston and did a beautiful job on my baby girl's nursery.

Can't wait to check back and see pictures of how it turns out!!!