Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Getting The Cast Off



"This won't hurt!"
Lesson #1 for ANY healthcare worker dealing with children:
Don't EVER, EVER say, "This won't hurt!"
It never crossed the kid's mind that it would hurt until you said THAT, dummy.

"Why would you say that, lady? Mommy told me it was like Bob the Builder's tools, and they are fun and cool. But you said it won't hurt. I don't believe you! How do I know you're not lying????!!!! Mommy never said ANYTHING about it hurting!"



"Well, I guess she wasn't lying. It didn't hurt. But dang, my arm smells like something died under there. How did all those skin boogers get up there?"

I was SO happy to wash his little arm! He just wanted to play with his cast.

The picture is fuzzy, but you can see the original x-ray on the left, from the day he broke it. See the bend, about an inch above his wrist? Then on the new x-rays you can see the white calcification at the break point, where the new bone has formed.
The human body is amazing, especially a toddler's!


No comments: