Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 25, 2009

2 Yr/2 Mo Stats and Braxisms

HEIGHT/WEIGHT/TOOTH COUNT: 36 inches, 30 lbs, 16 teeth.

NEW TRICKS:

  • He's been in his big boy bed for a month now, and hasn't gotten out once! It seems like he falls asleep more quickly and quietly and stays asleep longer in it than he did in his crib.
  • Has many of his favorite books partially memorized and will help me "read" them. I will pause at certain points on each page and he fills in the word!
  • Skips, walks backwards, jumps and lands on both feet, starting to understand the concept of pedaling on his tricycle.
  • Lines up magnets and other toys in a straight line.
  • Puts his toys away without being asked (most of the time).
  • Covers his mouth with his elbow when he coughs or sneezes (most of the time).
  • Accurately hits off his baseball tee.
  • Loves to lay on the floor and toss his football up in the air to try and catch it (Daddy does this all the time).
  • Can count to 11.


FAVORITE FOODS: Teddy Grahams (thanks to Noah!)

FAVORITE BOOKS: Any of his Thomas books

FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES: Anything Thomas (I try to control this addiction, but I hear it's pretty common for little boys!), and his doctor kit, especially the mirror and the syringes. Likes to "pretend." Loves cutting with his safety scissors.

DAILY ROUTINE: Same as before, but now goes to preschool on Monday mornings. We've also started doing Lil' Kickers, an indoor toddler soccer class, on Saturdays. Aunt Laura takes him to storytime at the library once a week, as well as two local playgroups. We trying to get him out and about and provide opportunities for more "socialization" with other kids.

FAVORITE SONGS: B-I-N-G-O

DISLIKES: Has actually been pretty agreeable this past month! We've been trying to give him choices about things (what to eat, wear, play with, activities, etc.), and it really seems to keep him from getting mad and frustrated.

BRAXISMS:

  • He wanted to "jump to me" from the top of the stairs. I reminded him that we don't jump down stairs, we walk carefully. He shook his head and said, "DADDY lets me jump down the stairs, Mommy." (He doesn't, of course.)
  • If we tell him to stop doing something he shouldn't be doing (like blowing spit bubbles) he says, "I having fun!" (Like that will convince us that it's okay for him to continue doing it.)
  • When Aunt Laura leaves for the day, Brax will announce that she is now "going to work." I think it's so cute that he has no clue that HE is her work.
  • Always asks for me to cover him with the "cold side" of his blanket at bedtime. (One side is soft and fuzzy, the other side is silky-that's the "cold side.")
  • If you tell him no, he responds with, "Don't say that!"
  • Sometimes says "doggonnit" when he's frustrated. I suppose that's better than some alternatives....
  • Said "H is for Harper!" I have no idea how he knew that, it actually surprised me!
  • Tells Harper to come out of my belly and play with him.
  • Outside playing on a warm day-he exclaimed, "It's a hundred degrees outside!"
  • In the refridgerated section of the grocery store-he said, "It's FREEZING in here!"
  • I was reminding him of the bedtime rules as I did every night when we first transitioned to his big boy bed (that he must lay down, be quiet and close his eyes)-he says, "I KNOW that, Mommy." I don't have to tell him the rules anymore!
  • One day Laura was getting him up after his nap, he said, "I think I hear something! I think I hear a door!"
  • Laura told him to take one more bite and he could be done eating, he said, "I will choke! No big bite, Laura."
  • Laura couldn't find some of his Thomas train tracks one day and when he sensed her frustration he said, "It's allright, Laura, it's allright."
  • Sat down on the potty with a book and began to "read"--he started with "Once upon a time..."
  • Laura went to put his milk away, he said "Don't put my milk away, I be mad at you!"