Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 20, 2008

One on Tuesday!

I can't believe it's almost been a year since Brax was born.
Everyone told me it would go fast... but wow.
The other nite I was rocking Brax before bedtime, and I was thinking about the past 12 months, how we've really gotten the hang of this (most of the time) and how I feel like I've known him forever! The best way I can describe my first year as Brax's mom is that every day has felt like a present I get to open, again and again, and each time it's like new. The novelty never wears off, the joy never fades. Most of things in life that you look forward to--say a long-awaited visit from a loved one, or a special vacation, or a new "toy" (whether you're a kid OR a grown-up)-- those things come and go, and that feeling of anticipation and excitement go with them. With Brax, even on a "rough" day, that happy feeling in my heart never goes away. Being his mom has been better than I could have ever imagined. I know this feeling isn't uniquely mine, but it's just so amazing to experience. My mom always said, "Just wait till you have a baby of your OWN... then you'll understand."
I so get it now.



My handsome little man.


"Ok, can we be done now, Momma?"

"I'M DONE!"
"Can I please go outside now??"
"But I was so good for pictures!!!"

No comments: