Grammy had to go back home to Pop-Pop today.
I snapped a few pics before she left...
I didn't get very many pics of my MIL and I "in action" as we were working away all week on various projects... we were just too busy! But here are some after pics.
She helped me get out my Christmas decorations--
the things he's allowed to play with!
Notice that Brax's Elf on a Shelf is already watching to see who's naughty and nice!
Entry table.
I just love my nativity set. I got this the Christmas before Brax was born and I try to add a piece or two to the collection each year. It's by Fontanini. Mine is part of the 5 inch series, but you can get them almost life-sized if you wanted it! They are resin, so even if Brax gets his little paws on it, they won't break. There are a gazillion different mangers and accessories, too.
My favorite part--
See the little lamp? I wanted a crystal lamp but the ones I found were all at least $75. So I came across this one on Craigslist for $10. It had a nasty old shade on it, so I bought a cover-yourself-lampshade at Hobby Lobby (with a 40% off coupon) and used some of the fabric we had leftover. I also added some "bling" around the bottom of it. Then I replaced the old, crusty cord and light kit with a new one (like $10 at Home Depot, and it was EASY!). I think it turned out pretty cute, and it was a lot less than $75!!
I have to find another stocking holder like the ones I have for Harper next year!
I got those at Hobby Lobby but haven't seen them since I bought them years ago.
My favorite part--
Harper's room!!!!!!!!
We still have a lot to do: Billy the Handyman is coming to paint tomorrow, I have to change out the curtain rod (I got a brushed chrome one w/ crystal finnials on the ends), hang stuff on the walls, and my MIL is making a few more things to coordinate... so this is just the beginning!
But I just couldn't wait to share this--the bedding and drapes my MIL (Grammy Sue) made.
They are incredible.
We made the boppy cover this week.
So girly!
This was a pillow I had used in Brax's nursery, but my MIL redid it to coordinate w/ all of Harper's stuff. It matches the boppy, and the trim is the same as the bed skirt.
A bow board!
I just bought a canvas board, the wrought iron thing, and some ribbon (all half off at Hobby Lobby) and covered the board w/ fabric from the bumper. I love staple-gunning!!
I just bought a canvas board, the wrought iron thing, and some ribbon (all half off at Hobby Lobby) and covered the board w/ fabric from the bumper. I love staple-gunning!!
Can't wait till tomorrow when it's done!!
That's one thing we DO NOT want to do ourselves--
I just don't have time or energy to be painting walls.
The only projects left to make (for my dear MIL) are the changing pad covers and a basket liner.
More pics soon to come!





1 comment:
I love Harper's room!
Post a Comment