Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The JoCo Fair

Mike had his wisdom teeth taken out last Thursday, so Grammy came in town to help us out (since we all know how incapacitated men become when they are in pain hee hee hee).
On Saturday, I left Harper home with Grammy and Daddy and Brax and I headed out to the Johnson County Fair. It was SOOOOOO fun--not too crowded, just the right size (not huge, but big enough) and the weather wasn't as hot as it has been (if I can tolerate it, it's not that bad!)

We got there a little early to watch the parade at 10am. We walked thru the fairgrounds to get to Main Street and stopped to look at the animals on the way. A family that was showing their horses let Brax pet "Patches," the little pony.
"Yeah, the horse is pretty cool...

"...but SHE is alot prettier!"
(This adorable 4 year old girl's name was Autumn... she was just precious!)

"I am so NOT a cowboy."


He LOVED the 4-H animals!
They had SO MANY animals...
Chickens, geese, ducks, turkeys, roosters, rabbits, pigs, cows, goats, sheep...


I was cringing as he pet all those stinky farm animals,
but I have to admit they were fun to look at.



After checking out the animals, we took a seat on Main Street to watch the parade.
Brax scored a high-five from the clown!


In order to have plenty of energy for the rides we were so excited to go on,
we grabbed some lunch after the parade. Typical fair food-a corn dog and hand squeezed lemonade!


But then the fun ended there. They decided not to open the rides until 6pm because of "excessive heat." Like I said earlier... if I can tolerate the heat, it's NOT THAT BAD. I couldn't believe they postponed the carnival. HELLO! IT'S AUGUST IN KANSAS! Don't have a fair in August and expect it to be COOL outside!!! We were BOTH so bummed. It was fun while it lasted, anyway...

2 comments:

LilRedJo said...

Love the pic of the cow picking its own nose with its tongue. Great shot!

Crystal said...

awe, mommy time is so cool. you are such a wonderful momma!