Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 28, 2010

7 Months Stats

6 1/2 MONTHS

7 MONTHS

HEIGHT/WEIGHT/SIZES/TOOTH COUNT:
17.2 Lbs.
27 Inches
Size 3 diapers, 6-9 Month clothes (they're a little big... I would guess she'll be in 9 month clothes into winter!)
No signs of teeth.

NEW TRICKS:
  • "Sings" with me. (Ooohs and Aaahs when I sing!)
  • Drags toys towards her, switches hands.
  • Discovered her tongue and sucks on her bottom lip alot.
  • Pushes up on arms.
  • Pulls knees up and sticks booty in the air while on tummy.
  • Does this fake cough/cry thing when she wants attention.
  • Turns herself in a circle while on tummy.
  • Has found both feet and enjoys grabbing them and rolling from side to side when she's on her back.
  • Eats solids like a champ (around 27 weeks)
  • Says "DADADADA..." LOTS of jabbering now, many new sounds.
  • Does the cutest thing with her mouth in an "o" shape.
  • Consistently rolls over (which makes her mad when she's sleeping!)
  • Starting to get better at sitting up-can prop herself up with her hands in front of her for 20 seconds or so.
  • Rolling over from back to tummy like a champ. This is fun until it's time for bed, then she keeps flopping over and getting mad because she apparently forgot how to go from tummy to back again. 8/19-right at 7 months old-this started. Horrible naps for several days. 8/23-stayed asleep after rolling onto tummy, back to good sleeping.
  • Gets upset when we leave the room.
  • Blows "raspberries."

FAVORITE FOODS:
Oatmeal, squash, peas, carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, peaches, prunes, pears... She has loved everything we've given her so far! (Except the mixed veggie that had spinach in it--it gave her a rash around her mouth. I later learned that you aren't supposed to give spinach to babies under one year because of the high nitrate content-a big allergen apparently.)

FAVORITE BOOKS:
We always read Fancy Nancy, Baby Cakes, Rob the Penguin, and 10 Little Babies.

FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
  • Watching anything Brax is doing. She LOVES him!
  • Banging toys.
  • Chewing on anything.
  • Grabbing on her feet and rolling around.
  • Tummy time.
  • Playing with her squeaky giraffe and her soft little pink hippo rattle.
  • Looking at herself in the mirror.
  • Sucking on the washcloth in the bathtub.
  • Likes it when I blow on her toes after I paint them--she always smiles!

DAILY ROUTINE:
5am-4-6 oz bottle, back to sleep
6:30 or 7-up for the day
8:45-6 oz bottle
9-11:30-nap
11:45-3T oatmeal, 1 small container fruit, 2 oz bottle
1:00-2 to 4 oz bottle, nap till 3:30
4:00-3T oatmeal, 1 small container veggie, 2 oz bottle
6:00-bath, books, 6 oz bottle w/ 1T rice in it, to sleep by 6:45 for the whole nite

FAVORITE SONGS:
"To Make You Feel My Love"

DISLIKES:
Usually VERY laid back, but has started showing her temper! She gets fired up when you take toys from her, does this funny mad face and noise.

MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
She is starting to outgrow that tiny baby phase... I want to remember her just as she is right now, soft and little, a snuggly little roly-poly baby. She still seems little to me because Brax is so big, but when I was going thru some of her baby clothes to give a friend, I couldn't believe she had outgrown that stuff! She'll be walking before I know it.

One day I want to always remember--Friday, 8/28. It was about 5:30, Brax was still napping after a long day at the zoo and Daddy wasn't home yet. I was making dinner while Harper kept me company in her bouncy on the counter. We were listening to music, and I picked her up to dance. We danced to Third Day's "I've Always Loved You," and Chris Tomlin's "How Great is Our God." We were just swaying in the kitchen, the late afternoon sun was streaming in thru the window, and Harper laid her little head on my shoulder. Her head smelled like sunscreen from being at the zoo. I was watching our reflection in the microwave door thinking about how I want to be able to look back and see us dancing, with her snuggled on my shoulder, just as clearly as I could see it there.

Here is the Third Day song... it about God's love for us. It makes me think of how much I love my babies!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

you are the best mom!!!