On these "comparison" posts I always try to find pics of the kids doing similar things.
However, at 6 months old, Brax and Harper are just SOOOOO different!
So I will just share some pics of Brax at 6 months because it's fun to look back on (and since I don't think we have a shortage of Harper photo posts as of late!)
Like I said in my latest "STAT" post, Brax was very active.
At 6 months old, he was 2 inches longer than Miss Harper, and apparently much stronger!
He was sitting up, standing up, and getting up on all fours. Our sweet girl is still quite content just being a snuggle bug most of the time. He ate a TON (a couple jars of baby food a day, and was still waking to eat in the middle of the night once or twice!) and she prefers just her milk, in smaller quanities (and sleeps all nite without eating!). He was about 1/2 lb. heavier.
I actually asked the doctor if she was developing okay, since Brax is all I've known, and our pediatrician assured me that she was totally normal. I was worried (and feeling horrible mommy-guilt) that we were neglecting her or something, that she wasn't getting enough stimulation and attention like Brax did, being the first child. No matter how hard you try, you can't do everything exactly the same with every child. And no matter what you do, they are going to have different personalities and develop differently (especially boys and girls). So really, there is no "comparison."
However, at 6 months old, Brax and Harper are just SOOOOO different!
So I will just share some pics of Brax at 6 months because it's fun to look back on (and since I don't think we have a shortage of Harper photo posts as of late!)
Like I said in my latest "STAT" post, Brax was very active.
At 6 months old, he was 2 inches longer than Miss Harper, and apparently much stronger!
He was sitting up, standing up, and getting up on all fours. Our sweet girl is still quite content just being a snuggle bug most of the time. He ate a TON (a couple jars of baby food a day, and was still waking to eat in the middle of the night once or twice!) and she prefers just her milk, in smaller quanities (and sleeps all nite without eating!). He was about 1/2 lb. heavier.
I actually asked the doctor if she was developing okay, since Brax is all I've known, and our pediatrician assured me that she was totally normal. I was worried (and feeling horrible mommy-guilt) that we were neglecting her or something, that she wasn't getting enough stimulation and attention like Brax did, being the first child. No matter how hard you try, you can't do everything exactly the same with every child. And no matter what you do, they are going to have different personalities and develop differently (especially boys and girls). So really, there is no "comparison."
Anyway, you can reminisce with me... Brax as a 6 month old.







No comments:
Post a Comment