Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

3 YEAR STATS

HEIGHT/WEIGHT:
39 inches
31 lbs.
Size 9 shoe, Size 3T clothes (but I am buying 4T for fall/winter)

NEW TRICKS:
  • TOTALLY day-time potty trained!!!! WOO HOO! Consistently tells us before he has to poo! Stands up to pee. Still wears an overnight diaper, but I don't care about that!
FAVORITE FOODS:
  • Turkey and cheese wraps. He takes the whole thing apart and eats it all separately.
  • Still eats maple and brown sugar oatmeal and vanilla yogurt every morning for breakfast.
  • Getting harder to please with dinner variety. I feel like he eats the same thing all the time, and it's mostly carbs!
FAVORITE BOOKS:
  • "Little Critter" books
FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
  • Cars, Cars, Cars
  • Jigsaw puzzles-he is a puzzle MASTER!
  • Watching "Word World" and Tom and Jerry
  • Building anything
  • The advertising inserts that come with collectible toys (like Disney Cars or Thomas Trains). He calls these little pamphlets his "magazines" and refuses to let them be thrown away! He also does this with the inserts in DVD cases.
DAILY ROUTINE:
Up around 7:30
8:30-12:30 Tues/Wed/Thurs to preschool
1:30-3:30-nap
7:30-bathtime/books
8:15-to bed
**Our recent tucking-in ritual includes face kisses (I kiss his forehead and say, "Goodnight forehead," then his eyes, nose, cheeks, chin and mouth, telling each part "Goodnight" before finally telling him goodnight), and singing our phone number and address songs we made up ("Do you know your phone number? Yes, I know... It's ***-***-***0" and "Do you know your address? Yes, yes, yes! It's ***** West ***th Terrace, in ******, Kansas!)

FAVORITE SONGS:
  • The songs his musical birthday cards play! He was SO amused by this!
DISLIKES:
  • A lot of the food I cook for dinner. Very annoying!
MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET/BRAXISMS:
  • Brax and I going to watch fireworks on the Fourth of July.
  • Taking him to see Toy Story 3 at the movie theater.
  • After swim lessons, he got out of the pool, came to me and put his hands on my face and said, "I couldn't have done it without you!" (I think he got this line from Wonder Pets, but it was so sweet!)
  • One day he was just sitting on the floor playing and singing, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy..."
  • I went in to check on him before I went to bed as I always do, and found him asleep inside his pillow case. He buries himself under his 4 pillows when he goes to sleep.
  • He thinks it's funny to pretend to be sleeping when we pull in the garage and I go to get him out of his carseat. He also does this when I go in to get him out of bed sometimes.
  • I told him he could pee outside, he said, "Like dogs?"
  • In the Nordstrom men's shoe department when he announces the salesman is fat. We had the "if-you-don't-have-anything-nice-to-say...." conversation on the way home. A few days later, we were at Wal-Mart and a large woman walked by. After she passed us, he said to me, "I didn't say she was fat, Mommy." At least he got my point, I suppose.
  • I don't remember what I said to him, but he said, "I know what you mean."
  • Driving home in the pouring rain and he asked, "Are we safe?"
  • I walked in from work one day and he exclaimed, "I like Harper!!!!!"
  • "I want you to put these potatoes in the garbage disposal."
  • "I'm a big boy. I'm respectable." (He means respectful... Miss Noelle has been teaching him that big boys are respectful, but he insists on saying "respectable.")
  • I usually sit on a little step stool next to the potty while he poops. One time he asked me, "Can I rest on you while I poop?" Anything for you, son.
  • "I love you SO MUCH, Mommy!" (The best thing EVER."
  • Talking about his remote control car when the signal wouldn't reach-"It cut out!"
  • After he vurped--"That was a throw-up burp."
  • "I'm going to get started." (on a project)
  • After trying to get to something that was too high for him--"I'm a little too medium to reach that."



1 comment: