Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 16, 2010

SUYL-Favorite Children's Books

This week's "Show Us Your Life" at Kelly's Korner is about
our favorite children's books!

We LOVE books! We read before every nap and bedtime.
Here are just a few of our faves...

(I got the images of amazon.com, that's why it says "click to look inside."
You can't really click on the images here.)

I love "Stinky Face" because it is sweet, yet fun for boys. It talks about a mother's unconditional love for her little man, even if he's a stinky faced skunk (among other gross things)!

"Rainbow Rob" was one of the first books I started reading to Brax when he was about 3 months old...
I have the entire thing memorized! It is a fun rhyming book with great colors and textures.


"Are You My Mother" was the first book Brax started to memorize.
He will fill in the blanks as I read it and pause on different words.
He especially loves the "scary snort!"



"The Jesus Storybook Bible" is written in a conversational language. It is really geared towards older children I think, but Brax asks for it regularly. The illustrations are very engaging, and he really gets involved in the book and talks about the stories about Jesus' life.

No comments: