Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Friday Fun

Yesterday I took Brax to one of those pottery painting places.
They were having a preschooler class where they do story time, then get to choose a piece that relates to the story. (Frog or butterfly this time... Brax chose the frog, and orange and brown paint!) He was in hog heaven with all the paint brushes.

Choosing his colors.
The ladies in the store were SO sweet and helpful-one of them even burped Harper for me so I could help Brax paint!


Harper and her frog holding her bottle.

He was concentrating so hard!

Until they brought out the juice and cookies, anyway...

Almost done! We go back to pick it up in a week or so.


Back at home...

I rigged Harper's bouncy seat to be a little more fun...
It came with an attachment that makes noise (very annoying noise) and has a couple toys hanging from it, but I didn't like it because you couldn't change the toys out. (And did I mention the annoying music it played?) So I bought a pool noodle, a dowel rod, some velcro and these plastic rings and fashioned us a new bouncy play arch! She loves it!
(And I managed to keep all 10 of my fingers while sawing thru the dowel rod.)

I don't know why, but I love this picture.
Brax looks so old.

I'm having so much fun playing with my camera!
I still haven't the slightest idea what I'm doing, but I am loving the pics!


2 comments:

Shoshanah said...

I used to love going to those pottery places growing up! It looks like Brax had a lot of fun.

And I love your great idea for the bouncy seat. Very clever!

Molly said...

Hey Val-- in the first picture of Harper, the frog bottle holder, did you make that or buy it? If you bought it, where'd you get it at? And if you made it, can you post directions for the rest of us to copy, please? Thanks, Molly