Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Greatest Place on Earth

Brax got to go to his first "My Gym" class... at first I was a little skeptical of paying for a "gym" membership for a one year old, but let me tell you, it is SO worth it. Especially since he's at home all day instead of getting to run around a big daycare. He did not slow down the entire hour. This place is SO clean, they have the coolest stuff, and the kids (teenagers?) they had leading the class were great...

They had like 5 of these swingy things suspended from the ceiling!


Brax kept throwing all the balls OUT of the pit, of course.

This little girl was the life of the party. She is 14 months old, taller than the 5 boys that were also in the class, and VERY social. Brax was a little intimidated I think.

Megan took him for a ride down the zip-line!!!

Doing pull-ups.


You'll notice in this picture how self-absorbed one-year-olds are... there were 6 kids in the class, and other than the occasional glance, they pretty much ignored each other! (The boys did, anyway. The little girl I mentioned above chased them around.)

Aunt Laura stayed for a bit.

And here you also see dorky me, the only mom with a camera at "My Gym."




A climber's paradise.

I'm really happy that one of the teachers is a guy... Brax will flirt with any girl around, but is very apprehensive around men, I guess since the only one he ever sees is his dad! I am hoping he and Traver (the teacher) become buddies and Brax becomes more of a "guy's guy!"

It's for shots like this one that I am willing to be the only mom taking pictures.

No comments: