The following pics are from Friday and Saturday... Friday Brax got his 2nd haircut. It did not go quite as well as the first. He was that kid. Yeah, the one SCREAMING the whole time. And I was that mom hog-tying her kid in the chair. He had to look cute for pictures, duh.
FRIDAY--Haircut and Second Beating
"Actually, I think it's fine the way it is. Mommy is the one who wants it cut..."
He got in the fire truck okay... But it was all downhill as soon as she whipped out the comb. Needless to say, I was unable to produce any photos of the battle that ensued.
"I tooooolllld you I didn't waaaaaant a haircut! I waaaas growing it ooooout!"

"I haaaaate ittttttttt! Don't look atttt meeeeeee!"
Then the day got even better. My friend brought her little 6 month old boy over to play and he punched Brax in the mouth. Ok, that's a lie. I didn't have my hand on Brax's as he was pulling himself up on the coffee table and he fell forward into it, bumping his lip. This whole being independent and mobile thing is so DANGEROUS!
And geez, mouths sure do bleed alot! The cut actually isn't bad at all.
For the record, he was wayyyyyy more mad about the haircut than the bloody lip.
SATURDAY--Field Trip to Powell Gardens
Getting a ride from G.G. and Aunt LuLu.
I just realized that I didn't have a picture on here of my real life angel. This is my Aunt Laura, Brax's Great Aunt LuLu. She is the one who drives 45 minutes every morning to get to our house by 7 to chase my little monster around for like 10 hours, 4 days a week. She is never late, she ALWAYS has a smile on her face (even when the day is done), and Brax loves her so much he cries when she leaves. As cliche as this sounds, she is all of these things:Love is always patient;
love is always kind;
love is never envious
or arrogant with pride.
Nor is she conceited,
and she is never rude;
she never thinks just of herself
or ever get annoyed.
She never is resentful;
is never glad with sin,
but always glad to side with truth,
whene'er the truth should win.
She bears up under everything,
believes the best in all,
there is no limit to her hope,
and she will never fall.
love is always kind;
love is never envious
or arrogant with pride.
Nor is she conceited,
and she is never rude;
she never thinks just of herself
or ever get annoyed.
She never is resentful;
is never glad with sin,
but always glad to side with truth,
whene'er the truth should win.
She bears up under everything,
believes the best in all,
there is no limit to her hope,
and she will never fall.
Because of Aunt LuLu, I am sane. As sane as a Type A can be.




No comments:
Post a Comment