Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 26, 2011

16 Month Stats

Didn't weigh/measure this month.
18 month clothes, Size 4/5 shoes, Size 4 diapers.
7 teeth-got #N while we were in California

HEALTH: Twice this month Harper woke up a few nights crying. I think it was teeth or just a cold. One day she had a 101.7 fever, then 3 days later broke out it a bad rash all over her neck/trunk area. I think it was rosceola. Not much to do about it but ride it out, it lasted 3 days or so.

NEW TRICKS:
  • Feeds her babies
  • Will lay down for a diaper change when instructed to do so.
  • Will sometimes cooperate for tooth brushing.
  • Puts her diaper in the trash.
  • Getting great at walking.
  • No longer takes a bottle as of May 5. She pretty much weaned herself.
NEW VOCAB:
  • Says "ahhh" after every sip.
  • "Minna?" (This translates into "what's that?" Don't know where she got it, but she consistently says it with a question mark when she points at something.)
  • "gobba gobba" (what a turkey says)
  • "bumpy" (about the avacado we were inspecting at the store)
  • "key"
  • "nak" (snack)
  • "hat"
FAVORITE FOODS:
Anything. Just like momma! Eats a waffle and blueberries every morning, LOVES bananas, yogurt, meat sticks, ANY veggies...

FAVORITE BOOKS:
10 Little Babies, My First Word Book, 10 Little Ladybugs.

FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
  • Drawing on the doodle pro.
  • Hanging her washcloth on the hook in the bathtub.
  • Pushing her stroller.
  • Riding her tricycle (especially when Brax pushes her)
DAILY ROUTINE:
Up at 7:30-8, breakfast. Still transitioning between one and two naps, so every day is a little different! To bed at 7:30.

FAVORITE SONGS:
Still loves her Fresh Beat Band and any music. Waves her arms around, bobs up and down.

DISLIKES:
Diaper changes, teeth brushing.

MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
Her last bottle. Thursday, May 5, I gave her a bottle at bed time (we had cut out the bottle at nap time last month.) She was only taking a few ounces, so I knew the time was coming! I tried holding her "like a baby" and feeding her her bottle, wanting to savor the moment knowing it was probably the last, but she was just so over it! She pushed it away and wanted to read books. Although I was a little sad, I was so proud of her! The next night we went out and had a babysitter that put her to bed, and she didn't take ANY of the bottle from her. So I took that as our cue to get rid of them completely. And that was that!

Our trip to California. She was a little high maintenance with the mommy-attachment. The only other person she would go to (in my presence, anyway) was my step-mom. Other than that, she was great! She slept well and pretty much stayed on our time. She LOVED the beach! It was cool and rainy but it didn't phase Harper! She enjoyed playing in the sand.

No comments: