Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 2, 2011

3 Year/9 Month Stats


Size 4 boys or 5T clothes
Size 10 shoe

HEALTH: Yayyyy! No sickies! Could it be, after EIGHT bouts of respiratory illness this past fall/winter, we are FINALLY out of "cold season???"

NEW TRICKS:
  • Balancing on one foot for extended periods of time.
  • Swim lessons--doing good floating on his back and jumping in with help, puts his face in with no hesitation.
  • Helps dry pots and pans after I wash them.
  • Getting good at coloring.
FAVORITE FOODS: Must have had a growth spurt--eating more than usual. 2 packets of oatmeal in the morning!


FAVORITE BOOKS: We re-read his whole Storybook Bible again. He asked for it every time we would read before naps/bedtime, and he really got into the stories. It is an awesome book for 3+ year olds.


FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES: Doctoring Harper with his doctor kit, riding his bike, spraying with spray bottles, filling his dump truck with stuff, filling his Thomas freight cars with stuff, playing with play food and making "meals."

DAILY ROUTINE: Up at 7:15-7:30ish, can go without a nap (but still usually takes one from 1-3ish), to bed at 8.

FAVORITE SONGS: "Loud boy songs" he says.

DISLIKES: Time out, sharing with Harper, eating.

MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
  • Went and got a burp cloth and wiped Harper's tears (w/out me asking!) when she was upset one day.
  • When I go in to get him up in the morning, he feels my shirt and tries to see what I'm wearing (the lights are still off) to see if I have on my "work shirt" or if I'm wearing "stay home" clothes.
  • How his favorite color is "lellow" right now.
  • Tucking him in one night, he wanted to know how you get to heaven. (Not in the spiritual sense, but physically. He doesn't understand that your body stays here and it's your soul that goes... so I just went with it. I told him angels come and get you and you ride on their backs and fly up to heaven.)
  • One morning at breakfast I could see his wheels turning. He looked at me quizzically and asked, "So God let Jesus die for our sins so we could go to heaven? He let that happen?" I was amazed at his grasp of the Truth.
  • We were laying in his bed and he kicked off the blankets. Then he reached down and pulled them back up over me! So sweet.
  • How he was running through the yard with his Buzz Lightyear toy hollering in his "superhero voice, "TO INFINITY AND BEYOOOOOND!"
  • Our new bath routine--usually we bathe them together, then Mike finishes Brax up (drying off, brushing teeth, getting jammies on) while I put Harper down. Then I go in and read to Brax and tuck him in.
  • Going to see "Hop" at the movies, going to the zoo (even if it was a flop), Nana and Papa T coming to visit, Grammy and Pop Pop coming to visit, going to Tulsa.
BRAXISMS:
  • At the mall... Pointed out that "some girls have fat tummies." Nice.
  • I asked him what his favorite part of swim lessons was--he said, "Drying off."
  • Told me he called Jesus to ask Him to help put his shoes on.
  • Always says, "Mom! Check this out!" or "Let's go check that out!"
  • Says, "SWEET!" when he really likes something.
  • Brax bumped his head on my front tooth one day, which hurt us both. I thought I might be able to distract him from his own pain if I could get him to care about my poor tooth. He wailed, "I DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • Took a toy with him to go pee. He came out and said, "I dropped it in the potty!!!" When I responded with disgust, he goes, "I'm just teasing!!!! That was so funny it cracked me up!"
  • I was putting his jeans on him and he said, "We gotta be sure and zip 'em." I agreed, then he added, "So the horse doesn't get out!" I could not stop laughing. I asked him where he heard that and he told me that Grandpa Russ told him to zip his pants so the horse doesn't get out of the barn door! Hilarious!

No comments: