Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 1, 2011

15 Month Stats


HT/WT/TOOTH COUNT: 22 lbs., 4 oz. (50th %) 31 1/4 inches (77th %). Size 4 diapers, 18-24 month clothes, size 5 shoes.

HEALTH: No problems.

NEW TRICKS:
  • Wednesday, April 6, at 6:30 (thank goodness it was after I got home from work!) Harper took her FIRST STEPS! We were playing on the living room floor and she just decided to stand up, then took a few steps! She didn't do it much the next few days, she still would rather speed-crawl, but by the next week she was walking more and more. Two weeks later, she was walking across the room by herself.
  • ID's hair, head, hand, eyes, ears, nose (says "beep beep" every time!), teeth, tongue, hand, socks, shoes, feet, legs.
  • Puts her head under the faucet in the bathtub, puts her face in the pool
  • Stacks blocks.
  • "Plays" Connect 4 (likes putting the pieces in the holder thing)
  • Puts garbage in the trashcan on command.
  • Told me she pooped one day!
  • Has major separation anxiety from me. I can't leave her sight without her crying.
NEW VOCAB:
  • "wa-wa" (water)
  • "ace" (Jace, our neighbor)
  • "ay" (eye)
  • "duh" (all done, w/ sign)
  • "muh" (more, w/ sign)
  • "nana" (banana and Nana)
  • "fos" (flowers)
  • "fafa" (waffle)
  • "papa" (always said in a whisper for some reason, for Papa and Pop Pop)
  • "poo" (yes, poop)
  • "soos" (shoes)
  • "buh buh" (bye bye)
  • "die die die" (itsy bitsy spider, done w/ hand motions for song)
  • "boo" (peek-a-boo, book)
  • "ba" (bath)
FAVORITE FOODS: Loves everything!

FAVORITE BOOKS:
  • Rainbow Rob--LOVES the page with the orange orangatan waving his hand. She will sit and wave at him as long as I'll let her, or gives him kisses or high fives.
  • Itsy Bitsy Spider--Loves the page where the spider falls down. Everytime we see that page she says, "Die die die UH OH!" (I always say, "The spider fell down! Uh Oh!) She also loves the page where he lands by three birds and has a scared look on his face--she makes a scared face and screeches.
  • Baby Cakes--She loves the parts where the baby plays patty-cake and peek-a-boo.

FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES: Watching Fresh Beat Band, playing in water, playing catch, wearing necklaces, pushing her baby stroller, riding her trike while Brax pushes her, climbing anything.

DAILY ROUTINE: Up around 8, eats breakfast (Kashi waffle, blueberries, banana), snack at 10, bottle/nap 11:30-1, then lunch (OR bottle/nap from 9:30-11, then lunch, then bottle/nap at 1:30)... snack at 3ish, dinner at 5:30ish, bath/books/bottle at 7, to bed by 7:45. (I really need to cut out the bottles-she sometimes skips them before nap, but I haven't really pushed the issue. She drinks out of sippies just fine, so that's not a problem. I will totally admit that I'm simply not ready to let go of my baby yet!!!!!)

FAVORITE SONGS: The Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, anything by The Fresh Beat Band or Black Eyed Peas... She LOVES to dance!

DISLIKES: Getting out of the bathtub, brushing her teeth, and changing her diaper. She throws a royal fit.

MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
  • Seeing Harper take her first steps across the living room floor!
  • Bit Brax one day when he was antagonizing her. Not a very nice thing to do, but sometimes he deserves it! She went right for his belly.
  • She was crawling on the concrete and tripped over her hand, falling face first and chipping her front tooth (#E). I took her to the DDS the next day and he smoothed it off so you can't really tell. It wasn't too bad, it didn't bleed or get loose.
  • I just love how she snuggles into my chest as we rock before bed.
  • Our new bath routine--usually we bathe them together, then Mike finishes Brax up (drying off, brushing teeth, getting jammies on) while I put Harper down. Then I go in and read to Brax and tuck him in.

No comments: