HEALTH: Respiratory infection #4. Mild again, no biggy.
NEW TRICKS:
FAVORITE FOODS:
Still only eats oatmeal, yogurt and chocolate milk for breakfast. Will try about anything Miss Noelle brings over-he loves to eat her Clementine oranges. Very picky otherwise. LOVES popcorn.
FAVORITE BOOKS:
Smiley Shark, Thomas Breaks a Promise, Thomas and the Great Discovery
FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
He's still trying out all his new toys from Christmas. His request from Santa was dinosaurs, so he is loving those. He also got several board games (Chutes and Ladders, Hi Ho Cherry-O, Candyland, Connect Four, etc.) so we are working on learning how to play them and following directions. So far, his attention span doesn't last much past me getting the game set up! Ha!
Loves watching his popcorn popper.
DAILY ROUTINE:
Up around 7:30, still typically naps for about 1-2 hours, in bed around 8.
FAVORITE SONGS:
He memorized several Christmas songs this year, so I hear him singing bits and pieces of those all the time! So cute.
DISLIKES:
He still doesn't like Harper getting into his stuff, but he is better about "trading" her when he wants what she has.
MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
BRAXISMS:
NEW TRICKS:
- Likes to show off his ability to balance on one foot.
- Likes to jump of the footboard on our bed and off the couch. Not encouraged, tho!
- Articulating his "r" sounds perfectly now! Without any guidance, he just started pronouncing his "r's" the right way... It makes him sound so grown up! For example, instead of saying "Hoppa," he says his sister's name right! Or instead of "twuck" it's "truck."
- I've been trying to teach him that girls like to be touched softly, not rough. (Mainly to get him to be gentle with Harper, but I figure this won't hurt his game with the ladies down the road!) So now he will come up and caress her face (or mine). It's so sweet!
FAVORITE FOODS:
Still only eats oatmeal, yogurt and chocolate milk for breakfast. Will try about anything Miss Noelle brings over-he loves to eat her Clementine oranges. Very picky otherwise. LOVES popcorn.
FAVORITE BOOKS:
Smiley Shark, Thomas Breaks a Promise, Thomas and the Great Discovery
FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
He's still trying out all his new toys from Christmas. His request from Santa was dinosaurs, so he is loving those. He also got several board games (Chutes and Ladders, Hi Ho Cherry-O, Candyland, Connect Four, etc.) so we are working on learning how to play them and following directions. So far, his attention span doesn't last much past me getting the game set up! Ha!
Loves watching his popcorn popper.
DAILY ROUTINE:
Up around 7:30, still typically naps for about 1-2 hours, in bed around 8.
FAVORITE SONGS:
He memorized several Christmas songs this year, so I hear him singing bits and pieces of those all the time! So cute.
DISLIKES:
He still doesn't like Harper getting into his stuff, but he is better about "trading" her when he wants what she has.
MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
- Our lunch dates at Chic-Filet.
- One night I was putting him to bed... I thought he was almost asleep, when he asked me, "Does Jesus save us?" "Yes, He does," I said. "Does He wear a cape?" he asked. Not sure how to answer that, I just said, "Well, maybe?" Brax then asked, "Does He save us from a fire?" (he was thinking in terms of how firefighters save us, I guess) but since technically Jesus does save us from eternal fire, I said yes. Then he asked the million dollar question, "HOW does He save us?" I'm certainly no biblical scholar, but I do know this one. "Jesus saved us by dying on the cross so that we could go to heaven someday. All you have to do is believe in Him." It amazes me how God works on even the littlest hearts.
- One night while I was cleaning up the dinner dishes, he said, "Mom, I wanna give you a hug." He climbed up on a chair and stood there and hugged me for what seemed like minutes, then went about his business.
- Sleeping together while we were at Grammy's over Christmas and snuggling in the mornings.
- I was helping him get dressed one day and he started singing, "Mommy mommy mommy, I love you..."
BRAXISMS:
- He was banging on his xylophone while I was reading Harper a book. I asked him to choose a more quiet toy. "I'M PLAYING A SONG AND YOU HAVE TO LIKE IT!" he retorted.
- We were listening to "Let it Snow." When the song said, "It doesn't show signs of stopping..." He said, "Did the snow wash away the stop signs??"
- He fell down, jumped up and said, "There's no blood! I'm ok!!"
- Randomly says "pop-tart" alot.
- Kept wanting to play in "the creepy room" at Grammy's (the bedroom with the lights off!)
- He and his cousin Joel were wrestling on the blow up bed and Brax kept saying, "Fight! Fight! Fight!" (They were just playing around, no one really got mean!)




1 comment:
oh he is sooo big. a little man. he will just love reading these when he is older. love you and miss you!
Post a Comment