Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

3 Yr/4 Mo Stats

HEALTH:
Nov. 11-Fell on the wood floor, busted his chin open--4th ER trip. Got 2 stitches and took it like a champ.
Nov. 13-Round 3 of seasonal respiratory illness. Had 101.6 fever one night, but otherwise easily treated w/ BT's.

NEW TRICKS:
  • Randomly talks in funny southern accent.
  • Pours his own drinks out of his mini-pitcher.
FAVORITE FOODS:
Chocolate milk. Popcorn. Any carbs. Everything else is pretty much force-fed these days.

FAVORITE BOOKS:
We broke out our collection of Christmas books! So far, his favorite is "The Smell of Christmas" that has scratch and sniff stickers in it!

FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
  • Loves to tie string to anything and pull it around.
  • Made up a contraption using the long tube attachments from my vacuum cleaner--puts his plastic banana in them and sticks them together, pretends it's a number of things. Very random.
  • Most common activity is taking whatever Harper has and acting like he really wants to play with it.
DAILY ROUTINE:
Up around 7:30, does okay skipping his afternoon nap a couple times a week. Still sleeps for about 2 hours though when he does nap. Goes to bed around 8:30.

FAVORITE SONGS:
Christmas music, of course! Knows Jingle Bells, and likes to change the word "sleigh" to "car." "Dashing through the snow, in a one horse open carrrrr...."

DISLIKES:
Eating.

MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
  • I was brushing his teeth before bed and he grabbed my neck and pulled my face next to his. We were both smiling, looking in the mirror. I told him to remember this moment!
  • We spent the weekend at Nana Star and Papa T's, on the last day he said, "I had so much fun here!"
  • Brax and I going on the neighborhood horse-drawn trolley ride.
  • Thanksgiving. My dad came in town and we crossed lots of fun things off the Christmas-activity-to-do list--visiting Santa, going to look at lights, and going to a movie!
BRAXISMS:
  • Listening to a Louis Armstrong Christmas song, he asked, "Is this a strong man singing?"
  • When asked at school how to make a turkey, he answered, "
  • Runs around saying, "Catch me if you can!!!" and "Missed me, missed me, know you gotta kiss me!" I guess he learned this at school.
  • Harper was screeching at him in the backseat. He told her, "Do it one more time and I'll turn you into a tree!" (He got this from a book.)
  • "I said crap on accident."
  • One night he came running to me after looking out the window. He was SO excited, he said, "LOOK AT THE STARS!!!" (He was seeing the street lights, thinking they were enormous, close-up stars... I didn't correct him.)
  • After bath one night, he noticed the pictures I have on the wall in the bathroom. He told me they were pretty. Then he said, "You are pretty, too. I love you!" Such a charmer!!!
  • After we were done doing our grocery shopping at Wal-Mart, he asked me if I would give him a ride home. HA!
  • I swear, he still tells me he loves me like 5 times a day. "I love you dery much, Momma." (Yes, very with a "d.")
  • "I need a different eyeball. This one hurts." (It was itching him.)
  • We were walking into the movies and he noticed the thin, feathery clouds in the sky. He said, "LOOK! The clouds are stretched out!!!"
  • I stubbed my toe and said "Owwww!" He asked what happened, and when I told him, he said, "Oh, I'll kiss it and make it better."
  • Trying to pronounce "Marmaduke" and was having a hard time. He exclaimed, "I'm tongue tied!!!"
  • Sitting on the stairs in our entry way, said "I'm just enjoying the air." (He was sitting where the sun was shining on them and it was really warm.)
  • At school they asked the kids how to make the Thanksgiving turkey. Brax's answer: "Put pasta in the turkey. I put cheese on mine. Put icing on it. Put candy on it. Cook it at your house for 7 seconds."

No comments: