I had my first OB appointment on Friday... everything looked great. We could see arm and leg buds, and the ventricles where the brain will form. We also saw and heard the heartbeat--160 bpm. My due date is between Feb 8 and the 18th...
I am cautiously relieved that everything is perfect so far. I go back in two weeks just to hear the heartbeat. (My doctor said I didn't really need to be seen that soon, but he knew 4 weeks would be a long time to wait to be reassured that everything was still okay! He is awesome.) I'll go back 2 weeks after that (so 4 weeks from my first appointment) for another sonogram, some blood work to screen for several abnormalities, and to hear the heartbeat. I'll also get another sono at 16 and 20 weeks. (Did I mention that I LOVE MY OB!!!??)
Other than dry heaving a few times this weekend because I forgot to go pick up more anti-puking medicine, I am doing just fine!!
I'm trying to remind myself to worry less and pray more.... So far, so good.




2 comments:
That is all excellent news!! Making a baby is hard work so remember to REST, REST and then REST some more!!
That is all excellent news!! Making a baby is hard work so remember to REST, REST and then REST some more!!
Post a Comment