32 1/2 inches (75th %)
23 lbs 6 oz (45%)
18 month clothes
Size 5 shoe
Size 4 diaper
Got #'s S and L this month (total of 11 teeth now, still waiting on Q)
23 lbs 6 oz (45%)
18 month clothes
Size 5 shoe
Size 4 diaper
Got #'s S and L this month (total of 11 teeth now, still waiting on Q)
HEALTH: No issues, other than teething pain with those molars.
NEW TRICKS:
- Starting to think about pottying--will go to the potty and say, "Pee pee? Pee pee!" Will also tell us when she poops sometimes. One day we were getting ready for bath and I had just taken her diaper off. She stood next to the potty, said, "Pee pee," then proceeded to pee on the floor! I was so excited! So close!
- Can walk backwards.
- Can spin in circles. (Says "poppy, poppy, dow" meaning she wants to sing "Ring around the rosy." She's referring to the "pocket full of posies" part and falling down. She wants us to all hold hands while we do it. Too cute!)
- Great at cleaning up her toys, sometimes even without us asking.
- Knows animal sounds--cow, horse, duck, cat, dog, monkey, snake, lion, turkey. (One day she saw a Chic-Filet commercial with the cow on it and she mooed at the TV!)
- Says "NO" emphatically!
- Great at feeding herself with fork/spoon... INSISTS on doing it. Much different than Brax, who would sit there with his mouth open like a baby bird so we'd feed him till he was like 2 1/2. Ha!
- NO MORE NITE-NITE! (pacifier) Her last day with it was Sunday July 31st at naptime. She cried for it at sleep times for a couple days, then was over it. Such a big girl!
- ID's all body parts
SO many new words!
- "pee pee," "toot," and "poo" (such a potty mouth, right?!)
- "bando" (band-aid--she LOVES band-aids)
- "up"
- "down"
- "aba" (open)
- "sut" (shut)
- "sye" (outside)
- "die" (dry, referring to blow drying her hair)
- "sim" (swim)
- "cay" (carry)
- "ky" (cry, says this when she's crying or she sees someone else cry)
- "happy" (says this over and over when she's happy about something, it's so precious)
- "funny" (says this when she laughs or hears someone else laugh)
- "dump" (jump)
- "dan" (dance)
- "sow" (show--referring to Fresh Beat Band, which she also calls "Be-Be." Does this while waving the remote at the TV!)
- "cool" and "aw man" (got these from Bubba)
- "hot" and "cold" and uses the correctly
- "see" (when she wants to look at something)
- "puss" (push) and "poo" (pull), uses them correctly
- "wy" (wipe)
- "kuh-kay" (cupcake)
- "vezzy" (veggies)
- "chassy" (chapstick, which she loves to put on)
- "my-ine" (magazine-she loves to "read" mine with me)
- "tay-oo" (thank you)
- "tsu" (chew)
- "ow" (out)
- "owie"
- "fow" (throw)
- "hode" (hold)
- "eh-pay" (airplane)
- "eye, no (nose), toe, fee (feet), knee, han (hand), chee (cheek), head, hair, neh (neck), tummy (her favorite)"
- And my favorite, "mommeeeee, mommeee, mommee!!!" She'll just randomly say it over and over. I love hearing her call for me!!!!! Or she'll just look at me and say it a few times and smile so big, or when I walk in the door she says it like she's so relieved and happy to see me. Love it.
Loves cheese and requests it frequently, just like big brother. Loves oatmeal, and loves feeding it to herself w/ a spoon. The only food she won't eat is peaches. Likes soy burgers and turkey sausage. Loves bananas still.
FAVORITE BOOKS:
Really starting to get into her books and remember them. Really starting to "study" them. 10 Little Babies, My Little Word Book, Stuck in the Mud (a Thomas the Train book she stole from Brax's room!), any Fancy Nancy book, Millie Moo.
FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
- Nothing makes the girl happier than dancing to Fresh Beat Band songs. Sings the "Go-Go," "Bananas," "Tap it Out" and "Shine" songs. Asks to dance with me ("Dan? Dan?") And nothing makes me happier than watching her shake her little booty, wave her hands around, and move her shoulders up and down.
- Drumming anything, still.
- Sitting next to me on the couch and reading magazines together.
- Playing "tea party" in her room.
- Jumping and looking at books on Brax's bed.
- Playing chase with Brax.
- Having her toes and nails painted.
- Jumping to me in the pool. She LOVES water.
- Stopping to smell all flowers she sees (even if it's a picture of them!).
- She LOVES her "be-be" (blankie) and would carry it with her at all times if I would let her. (I don't, because I can't stand the thought of her sleeping with a dirty Linus blanket!)
- She loves to sit on my bathroom counter and play in my makeup bag while I get ready. She'll sit there and be still the whole time! I love our "girl time."
- Eating. That's my girl!
Up around 8, one nap from 1-2:30, to bed around 7:45.
FAVORITE SONGS:
All Fresh Beat Band songs!
DISLIKES:
Brushing her teeth, still. Great for getting haircuts and also when I fix her hair though!
MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
- Sometimes I'll get us a snack and she wants to sit on the kitchen rug and have a picnic together! She'll either sit next to me or want to crawl in my lap and we have a little nibble together.
- Reading magazines together.
- Dancing to FFB on TV together, she wiggles so happily and smiles and giggles--nothing better.
- The night I put her to bed and when I asked for a kiss she gave me THREE! Bonus!
- One night we were playing and I said it was bathtime. She said "done" and put her toys away then went upstairs without me even telling her to.
- How she touches her ear and looks toward a window when she hears an airplane fly overhead and says "eh-pay?"
- How she insists on having her toes covered when we are reading books in her rocker.
- One night she wanted to give me the biggest hug ever while she was in the bathtub. Of course I accepted, even though I got soaking wet. It was the greatest hug she's ever given me, and totally random.
- One night she was washing her baby doll in the tub, rocking it, and patting it on the back. Such a good little momma.
- Going to the pool after dinner.
- Playing with Cousin Joel when he came to visit-Harper loved him so much and he was so sweet to her!
- When Brax stayed a week at Grammy's, Harper pointed to his seat in the car and said, "Bubba?? Bubba?" and started crying!!! She missed him!
- How she sword fights and says "Yah! Yah!" as she swings it around.
- One time at dinner I jokingly told Mike I was feeding the lions, and Harper said, "RARRR!"
- How she walks around saying "happy happy happy!"




No comments:
Post a Comment