Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 27, 2011

3 Yr/8 Month Stats

HEALTH: We almost made it through the month with no respiratory problems, but the last week of March he got it again (#8!). Controlled with breathing treatments.

NEW TRICKS:
  • Knows the sounds of most of the letters of the alphabet.
  • Identifies single digit numbers.
  • Gets dressed by himself.
  • Becoming very imaginative.
  • Developing a sense of humor, tries to joke with me. (He'll put a ball of food in his cheek and with a funny, fake-confused look on his face ask, "What is this bump in my cheek??!!" Or he'll make a noise and say, "I think there's someone at the door, Mommy!")
  • Knows what it means to feel embarrassed (which makes me kind of sad!)--I'll tell him to do something silly and he'll say, "But they'll laugh at me." I guess he doesn't understand the difference between being laughed at and laughed with yet.
FAVORITE FOODS:
Mealtimes are my least favorite time... he has to be reminded to continuously take bites! The boy just has better things to do than eat right now, but he is a beanpole so I battle this! He would eat crackers and cheese all day if I let him, but I try to get some protein in there too. He still despises peanut butter, bananas, and peas. He does love grilled cheese sandwiches and oatmeal squares cereal.

FAVORITE BOOKS:
His Thomas storybook Daddy found for him at Sam's--it's 6 books in one and has 24 different stories!

FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
Playing trains--specifically, he likes loading different types of "cargo" into the cars (beans, rocks, Nerf darts, small plastic animals, food--pretzels, fruit snacks, cereal, crackers...) and he recites stories from his books verbatim while he plays. He also loves to ride his bike, and is getting very excited about being able to play outdoors.

DAILY ROUTINE:
Up at 7:15-7:45, usually a nap at 1, to bed at 8. (Staying dry most every night now but I still keep him in a pull-up overnight.)

FAVORITE SONGS:
Likes "fast" songs. Listens carefully to the words when we're in the car, asking me what the song is about. Makes me realize what a negative influence mainstream music could be on kids. We only listen to K-LOVE!

DISLIKES:
Stopping to eat.

MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
  • Fun things we did this month--the KC Auto show (which he wasn't all that impressed with), spring break (we went to Nana's for 4 days-he kept saying how much fun he was having, Miss Noelle took them to a playgroup and the library, he had a date-day with Aunt Kathi and they went to the movies, and I took them to see a puppet show), the Train Expo (not as cool as what I expected, but he approved), going to see Toy Story 3 on Ice with our friends Miss Jen and her daughter Delanie, and Parents as Teachers' BlockFest.
BRAXISMS:
  • Upon waking, "I can't go to school today, I've got gopher breath."
  • I told him I was tired of reminding him to take bites at breakfast. He said, "You should go back to bed then."
  • I was picking at my face in the mirror while he was in the bathtub. He asked if I was popping a zit, then said, "I wanna eat a zit." Appalled, I asked him to clarify. He explained, "You know, the zits that are orange and squares and have a little whole in the middle..." (He meant Cheez-Its!!!!)
  • I asked him what I do all day. He answered, "You just love on me and play with me." I was so happy to hear that I almost cried! I had spent the day before cleaning, doing laundry, and grocery shopping so I figured he would say I clean all the time!!
  • I came home from work one day and plopped down on the couch. Brax looked at me and said, "Mommy, what are you doing??!! You can't sit down!"

No comments: