Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

3 Yr/6 Mo Stats

41 3/4 Inches

32 Lbs

4T clothes, Size 9 1/2 shoe

HEALTH:

Round 5 of respiratory infection. No biggy.

Almost had another ER trip when he was climbing on the back of Harper’s chair and pulled it over on top of himself (with her in it, no less!) Only minor bruises on his shin! Whew!

NEW TRICKS:

· Learning the states with his Lightning McQueen vitamins and his US map placemat. Every morning we put his two Lightning vitamins on a state and then “drive “ them back home to Kansas. Knows California, Texas, Oklahoma, New York, Nevada, Montana and Missouri.

· Can ID all the letters of the alphabet, and knows some of their phonetics.

· Counts objects accurately.

· Stays dry all night, sometimes even waking himself to go potty (but won’t get out of bed—he yells, “I HAVE TO PEEEEEEEEEEE!” till we come get him! I keep telling him he’s not locked in his room anymore!)

· Loves riding in his big kid booster carseat.

· Draws stick people.

FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:

· Sitting in Harper’s crib and “reading” to her.

· Thinks it’s HILARIOUS to blow me a kiss and then I “miss” it and it hits me in the forehead. He always says, “Momma, I’ll blow you a kiss and don’t catch it!” The harder I pretend that it hits me, the funnier he thinks it is!

· Playing with his dog puppet. He likes to stuff things where your hand is supposed to go and pretend like it’s eating.

· Loves ice water.

· Loves playing with one of Harper’s dolls, the one that is “life-like.” Sometimes he’s really sweet to it, like tucking it in to bed or feeding it, and sometimes he’s tossing it around and beating it with a golf club….

THINGS I WANT TO REMEMBER:

How when I get him up in the morning, I sit on the end of his bed and he curls up in my lap and we snuggle for a few minutes. He always asks, “What day is this?” wanting to know if it’s a school day and if Miss Noelle is coming.

BRAXISMS:

· Tucking him in one night, he said, “Oh Mom, I love you.” I said, “I love you too!” He said, “That’s GREAT!”

· Randomly (and often) says, “This is RIDICULOUS!” or “Are you kidding me??”

· “Mom! A new Lightning is coming to the movies! I’m so exciting [excited]! I can’t WAIT!”

· “I need some Momma love.”

· Mad at me for something-“We need to TALK.”

· I had gotten ready (and by ready I mean I was wearing something besides sweats, no makeup and a ponytail). When I went in to get him out of bed, the first thing he said was, “You look pretty!” and it was still dark in his room! Such a charmer. Then he said, “Let’s go see what Daddy thinks about it.”

· He had made Harper cry so he said “sorry.” When I went on to get onto him about being rough with her, he said, “Didn’t you hear me say I was sorry??”

· In Harper’s crib with her, “reading” her a book. She was romping around and he said in his sternest voice, “Harper, do you want me to leave? No? Then be still.” (This is what I say to him at night when I’m laying with him and he won’t lay still!)

· I was lecturing him on “treating Harper how YOU want to be treated…” He says, “But I LIKE to play rough!”

· Mike was having a talk to him (probably about being rough with his sister) and Brax obviously wanted to change the subject. He told Daddy, “I need to scratch my bottom.”

· We were sitting at dinner one night and Brax said, “You are such a good mommy!”

No comments: